Senior Financial Systems Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY:
Administer and support the companys Oracle Hyperion business intelligence suite (HFM/Essbase/FDM) used in the consolidation and reporting of financial results and statistical information. Participates in the ongoing maintenance, upgrade, development and implementation of application enhancements for the benefit of a world-wide HFM user community. Coordinate and participate in the onboarding of new acquisitions, perform application metadata updates, and provide a level of application training to secure successful consolidation of month-end financial results. Assist in the management of end-user relations, including training needs, system outages, changes in application features and application updates. Troubleshoot installations, manage security administration, modify existing applications and offer explanation to business use of specific applications. Work with IT group on numerous system events including application and client rollouts, hardware requirements and installations, financial application server health and on-going monitoring. Coordinate worldwide entity and account structure among Corporate Accounting and Corporate Planning departments. Manage Sarbanes-Oxley reporting. Prepares the application for loading of budget, forecast and R&O data. Some domestic and international travel may be required.
* Participate in regression testing of the application and documents test results
* Participate in historical data verification, build and documentation of month-end validations
* Participate in monthly load and verification of subsidiary month-end financial reporting results where appropriate
* Assist in the management of end-user relations, including training needs, troubleshoot installations, administer security access, and system outages for a world-wide user community
* Administer security rights for system access
* Participate in reviewing, performing, testing, documenting, implementing and communicating approved month-end metadata changes
* Work in redesigning, testing, documenting and implement HFM rule and Essbase script changes
* Participate in alignment of HFM and Essbase applications with data provided by Planning for purposes of loading reiterations of budget and RO data
* Document existing system processes and updates for approve process change
* Work with the user community, and 3rd party contract help, by providing system enhancement solution options, for design, build, test and implementation
* Work with IT in terms of application and Development, QA and Production environment support and ongoing server/environment health
* Participate in Sarbanes-Oxley testing and fulfilling of audit requests
* Participate in special projects and performs other duties as required
Requires intermediate technical skillset with Oracle HFM, Essbase and FDM. Apply methodical troubleshooting problem-solving skills relative to system issues. Excellent communication skills in being able to explain technical subject matter to a non-technical audience as well as explain status of workload. Meeting deadlines is critical to the success of Oracle system readiness for the user community.
Activities of the TSM will be managed collectively by the Financial Systems management team. Decision making responsibilities are commensurate with the expectations of an intermediate skillset as described above, adhering to outlined department protocols.
Serves as a member of the Financial Systems team, providing customer service to a global HFM user community. Interaction with financial business teams, Corporate finance teams, IT, internal and external auditors, and various levels of management via email, conference call, potential travel and Webex for customer service support and training needs.
Bachelors or foreign equivalent degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Computer Science or closely related field.
2 years of experience in the position offered or related occupation.
Must have 2 years of work experience with:
* Hyperion application administration and installation of HFM, Essbase, and FDM
* FDM mapping of local G/L to Hyperion Chart of Accounts, validate and reconcile results to financial statements
* Report creation via SmartView, Report Studio and Hyperion Essbase Visual Explore
* Load of financial and statistical data into HFM/Essbase product via FDM or Excel template
* Adminster HFM security
* Propose system solutions for requested system enhancements, design, build, test and document according to specifications
* Research system errors through advanced problem solving skills and methodical elimination of variables
* Work with end users identifying the cause and provide solutions for systems issues they are experiencing
* Work on HFM and Esbase to maintain and update metadata, create grids, journals and tasklists in Workspace
* Perform reconciliation of historical data, during data migration and after implementation of entity structure changes
* Conduct training of system to end-users
* Engage in regression testing and document results
* Build validation rules in the system
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status