Senior Firmware Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThis position will be a member of a cross functional development team that creates and maintains benchtop instruments for scientific applications. Position analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software as well as troubleshoots code for firmware (IC embedded code) applications.Work often involves analog and digital hardware operating systems. Position requires knowledge and exposure to hardware design. Typically programs in high level languages (C, C++), but must be familiar with assembly language in some applications. Must be self-motivated and not require day to day direction.
The ideal candidate has the following experience:
* ARM Processor programming and debugging
* Mixed signal electronics (ADCs, DACs, analog switches)
* Familiarity with instrumentation and sensor communication protocols: GPIB, USB, CAN, I2C, SPI
* Proven leadership using coding conventions and version control
* Can work on multiple projects and accurately estimate project completion time
* Mentoring junior firmware engineers
* Creating and maintaining accurate documentation on processes and software architecture
Requires a minimum of 5years of related experience and a BSdegree or 7years of related experience and a two-yeardegree. This position is located in Bozeman, MT. Relocation is available