Senior Front-End Developer 8/10/2016
The Advisory Board Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title:
Senior Front-End Developer
Technology and Engineering
Engineering & ETech
Share | |Email this job
FRONT-END DEVELOPER *LI
Education Advisory Board - Performance Technologies
The Advisory Board Company
WHAT YOU\'LL BE DOING:
- Aid in the development of solutions that support consistent information architecture, taxonomies, visual standards, interaction patterns, and use cases across multiple applications
- Review designs, document front-end technical specifications, and provide time estimates for the implementation of features/fixes
- Convert production mockups to quality HTML5 Applications for multiple enterprise software products
- Self-start and steward your implementations through the software development process ensuring you champion the standards of the UX team in every development challenge
- Follow common sustainable page design, management, and development methodologies
- Perform testing at the page & source for presentation layer defects
- 5+ years of professional work experience in a software development organization
- 5+ years of professional work experience with HTML5 and Mobile Web Technologies
- Experience with CSS Frameworks
- 7+ years of professional work experience as a user interface developer of Rich Internet Applications
- 7+ years of professional work experience coding rich, immersive interfaces using HTML5
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience developing commercial software products
- Demonstrated strong front-end development skills especially concerning accessibility, extensibility, client-side computing, object-oriented design patterns, and object-oriented CSS
- Experience with a cross browser implementations, older browsers and mobile browsers
- Ability to communicate with business and technical teams both verbally and written
ABOUT EDUCATION ADVISORY BOARD
EAB is a best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and services to improve the performance of 1,100+ educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., EAB forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value. For more information, visit www.eab.com.
We are a workplace that...
Values and celebrates diversity of experience, culture, and opinion
Is committed to creating an inclusive environment to enhance our collective experience
Promotes a supportive community through staff-led affinity groups, events, and education
OUR CULTURE & VALUES:
We think Forbes said it best: Making the world a better place is what The Advisory Board Company is all about. We have a unique culture where employees are told to avoid after work emails, encouraged to take 10 hours per month of paid leave for community service, and are expected to add surplus value in every interaction with a member or colleague.
Over the past thirty years, we have developed a distinctive corporate culture based on our values and principles. We award, promote, and praise based on individual performance, capabilities, and ambition. We provide ways for staff to share their time, talent, and passions in the community. We reward innovation and foster a collaborative environment. We have a performance-driven staff and peers that challenge one another in the workplace. And we want free-thinkers, agile speakers, witty writers, and team players to join the firm at Advisory Board, your ideas are heard and your contributions matter.
PERKS (A FEW OF MANY):
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days paid time off and 10+ paid company holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
LEARN ABOUT US
CONNECT WITH US
Community Impact Twitter
The Advisory Board Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.