Senior Front End Software Engineer 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ABOUT ZIPWHIP
At Zipwhip, we have a passion for empowering businesses with the ability to communicate with customers the way they want to be reached: texting. We pioneered the concept of using the "cloud" to text enable existing landline and toll free numbers from virtually any connected device. Currently, Zipwhip also offers a carrier-grade texting platform to help mobile and landline operators modernize the text messaging medium. Our technology introduces trailblazing functionality while holding true to the distinct culture of texting that consumers have grown to love. Zipwhip cloud texting powers over 18M existing wireless and fixed line phone numbers.
Zipwhip was founded in 2007 with the mission to revolutionize the telecommunications industry with the philosophy that "the medium is the message". As a Seattle-based tech startup, we work hard, play kind of hard, and collaborate for genius ideas whenever possible.
* Design, implement, and maintain the flagship Zipwhip web application, a large scale, feature rich productivity tool
* Solve problems related to streaming user content, real time notifications, and large data sets
* Bring new features and functionality to reality with insight into UX best practices while still maintaining support for business customers on aging browsers, (IE8/9)
* Develop rock solid releases ensuring the Zipwhip SLA's are always at the forefront
Solid understanding and daily usage of the following technologies:
* React, Redux, ImmutableJS
* Designing and consuming RESTful services
* Testing frameworks mocha, chai etc.
* ES6: classes, async/await, destructuring, Babel
* Node: hapi, express
Bonus for understanding and usage of GraphQL, Relay (server & client), RxJS, and Docker