Senior Full Stack Web Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
3087 Intific, Inc.
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Work with an Agile team to design, implement, and debug complete systems. Develops software by completing coding tasks to create algorithms, applications, tools, simulations, and associated technologies in accordance with Intific s. Applies fundamentals of software engineering to assist in the creation of new software technologies. Participates in relevant aspects of application design with software engineers and program management. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will exercise some discretionary decision making authority.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
* Participate in configuration, build and release management, and testing of software with software engineers.
* Participate in the analysis, design, development, test, modification and integration of software systems or subsystems for designated products and/or customer applications.
* Participate in sprint planning, revise and update programs and documentation, including reviewing schedules and milestones.
* Sit in on technical design and architecture discussions. May contribute but not required.
* Under supervision, implement, debug, and document isolated sections of code and systems, develop software requirements, related design, and code.
* Participate in and gain familiarity with code reviews, software development, and engineering processes.
* Recommend value added changes to existing coding practices, standards and tools.
* Define and executes software test methods and procedures.
* Gain a firm understanding of software development and engineering processes.
* Assess severity of problems, determine corrective action, resolve technical problems, perform fault isolation and implement solutions.
* Participate in interviews.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS :
Bachelor s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, plus two years professional computer programming experience.
Demonstrable ability in two or more basic software engineering skills including: knowledge of requirements, analysis and design, implementation, debugging, testing, documentation, and DevOps.
Demostrable ability in several of the following areas: Node.js, Python, Java, Relational Databases, NoSQL Databases, RESTful API s, Front-End frameworks/Libraries such as Angular, Ember, React, HTML5, Sass or LESS, Jenkins, Automated Testing Tools such as Mocha, Selenium, Jasmine and Protractor, Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet, Git, Linux and AWS Services such as API Gateway, Lambda, Kinesis, DynamoDB, CodePipeline, and CodeDeploy.
Must have demonstrable ability in both verbal and written communication. Ability to perform technical writing in order to describe software requirements and design specifications. Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Must have good interpersonal and team-oriented skills. Must have demonstrable knowledge of software engineering processes. Experience as a team member on one or more full software life cycles is required. Must have demonstrable ability to understand and keep pace with external software engineering practice changes and industry advancements.