Senior Gas Trader (2732)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONENGIE is a global energy company, a leading provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services. With 154,950 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide, ENGIE achieved revenue of 69.9 billion in 2015. ENGIE is committed to being a leader in the energy transition.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
We are looking for a Senior Gas Trader to develop and manage physical and financial gas trading activity for the Southeast and Gulf Coast markets.
Essential Job Functions
* Supervise gas trading activities for Southeast and Gulf Coast markets
* Contribute to setup of gas physical and financial gas trading activities and strategies in Gulf Coast and Southeast regions
* Make physical and financial markets for internal and external customers
* Identify arbitrage opportunities supported by asset positions
* Identify and procure strategic assets that support the growth of a broad trading strategy.
* Cooperate with origination teams to identify, negotiate and implement commercial opportunities.
* Carries out other duties as assigned
* Broad experience in physical natural gas markets including storage and pipeline transportation activity.
* An extensive network of clients and market contacts.
* A strong working knowledge of other regional natural gas markets.
* A proven independent trading record
* Experience managing term basis and index positions
* Experience managing storage assets
Essential Physical Abilities
* Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
* Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
* Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
* Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
* Could involve some lifting.
* A Bachelors degree required with a major in Finance, Economics, mathematics or similar discipline preferred.
* Minimum 5-7 years of natural gas trading experience with emphasis on pricing and managing AMAs, Park and Loans, Capacity Release transactions.
* Experience leading junior level employees
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.