Senior General Ledger Accountant 8/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
As a member of this team, the Senior General Ledger Accountant would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
* Performing monthly analyses of the firm's indirect operating expenses to verify that cost data is properly allocated
* Developing current and projected cost studies for budgeting purposes
* Investigating monthly actual-to-budget cost variances of moderately complex cases to ensure accurate results
* Performing additional analyses of moderately complex accounting issues and reconciliations
* Performing balance sheet analyses to identify cost trends, variances, or related topics
* Performing accrual projections to establish expense forecasting
* Performing translations of foreign currency financial statements
* Maintaining thorough knowledge of accounting methods and principles
* 4 - 6years of related accounting, finance or equivalent experience.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent field.
* Experience with a global organization operating in a multi-currency environment
_PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS _
* CPA license would be a plus but not required
* Oracle ERP system experience but not required