Senior General Ledger Accountant 8/11/2016
San Mateo, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY TITLE: Senior General Ledger Accountant
LOCATION: 3055 Clearview Way, San Mateo, CA
POSTAL CODE: 94402
WORK SCHEDULE: M-F 8:00am - 5:00pm
The Senior General Ledger Accountant will report directly to the cand assist in the day-to-day activities and various responsibilities within the accounting department.
The ideal candidate will have at least three years' experience in a fast-paced accounting environment. The ability to meet deadlines and flexibility in handling changing priorities are essential in this position.
* Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
* Handle rent or lease related balance sheet or profit and loss accounts
* Read and understand lease agreements, abatements and prepare deferred rent schedules
* Prepare and reconcile prepaid rent, deferred rent and security deposits schedules
* Work cross functionally across departments to ensure security deposits are collected by the end of the lease term
* Distinguish between Capital versus Operating lease and apply the appropriate accounting treatment.
* Assign GL codes to invoices for processing by the AP Team
* Handle Initial Direct Cost Accounting including understanding dept tasks, cancellations, Contract Payment type, Included/Excluded IDC accounts, Commissions and Referrals
* Assist with monthly close activities including financial reporting and fluctuation analysis
* Prepare schedules as required for the quarterly audit such as the Minimum Lease Commitment Schedule, IDC Rollforward, etc.
* Prepare a capital lease amortization schedule for the Tax Team
* Special projects and other ad hoc assignments as assigned
* A Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration with at appropriate experience is required
* CPA a plus
* The ability to evaluate priorities and multi-task accordingly to meet deadlines is essential
* Must be highly detail oriented, an organized team player with strong communication skills
* Experience of working in a manufacturing or construction environment would be desirable
* The candidate must be proficient with Great Plains/AX (or other mid-tier ERP systems) and MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
Education: Bachelor's Degree