Senior Global Portfolio Accountant / Baltimore
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Senior Global Portfolio Accountant / Baltimore
Auto Req ID
Company: LaSalle Investment Management
Job Title: Senior Global Portfolio Accountant
Location: Baltimore, MD
Employment Type: Full-time
Auto Req ID: 44056BR
To Apply: To be considered, please click the link below to apply online or copy & paste the URL noted below into your browser. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site.
Please reference Auto Req ID: https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_jobdetail.asp*partnerid=25611&siteid=%205324&AReq=44056BR
LaSalle Investment Management ( LaSalle ) is a global real estate investment manager with $60 billion of private and public real estate assets under management and nearly 700 people in 16 countries. Our diverse investor base includes public and private pension funds, insurance companies, governments, endowments and high net worth investors from across the globe. LaSalle sponsors private custom accounts, private open and closed-end commingled funds, and public real estate securities programs. As a wholly-owned member JLL, LaSalle's investment teams also draw on the intelligence and resources of its parent company, providing unique access to market opportunities and key industry leaders.
LaSalle Investment Management Securities ( LaSalle Securities ) is a dedicated investment manager of global real estate securities serving institutional and retail investors around the globe. With more than 30 years investment experience and professionals located in North America, Europe, and Asia, the firm has over $15 billion of assets under management in publicly traded real estate securities. LaSalle Securities is LaSalle s specialist securities division and as such benefits from the resources of both LaSalle and Jones Lang LaSalle
LaSalle Securities is currently seeking a Senior Global Portfolio Accountant to join our Portfolio Accounting team in Baltimore. The Portfolio Accounting team is responsible for the accounting, administration and reporting functions for global real estate securities accounts.
This individual will be responsible for the accounting and reporting functions of their assigned accounts in addition to reviewing the work of other assigned team members.
* Responsible for daily and monthly work of assigned team members
* Review client reporting and presentations
* Review ad-hoc requests from both internal and external parties
* Complete monthly and quarterly reporting for all assigned accounts
* Annual review and update of group procedures
* Assist as required with internal and external audit requests
* Become proficient on complex processing in the accounting system including trouble shooting issues as they arise
* Train and facilitate the development of assigned team members including the training of new hires
* For fund startups and custody conversions, act as liaison with other areas of the firm for overall process. Take ownership for all aspects of setup from operational perspective.
* Take lead on researching operational requirements for potential new markets, including opening of accounts at custodians.
* Cultivate relationships with 3rd party custodians and fund administrators
Education and experience
* BA/BS degree with minimum of 5-7 years of experience
* Back office securities investment operations and mutual fund accounting experience
Knowledge, Skills, and abilities
* Candidate must have excellent Microsoft Excel skills and a proven ability to learn new operations and technology quickly
* Must exhibit problem solving, decision-making and analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Must demonstrate flexibility and the ability to work as a member of a team
* Demonstrated leadership skills
* Knowledge of global REIT securities and Eagle Investment Systems software is a plus
LaSalle Investment Management today! For further information, please visit www.lasalle.com
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. With annual fee revenue of $4 billion, JLL has more than 200 corporate offices and operates in 75 countries worldwide. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 3 billion square feet and completed $99 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2013. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $48.0 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
LaSalle Investment Management ( LaSalle ) is a global real estate investment manager with $50 billion of private and public real estate assets under management and nearly 700 people in 16 countries worldwide. Our diverse investor base includes public and private pension funds, insurance companies, governments, endowments and high net worth investors from across the globe. LaSalle sponsors private separate accounts, private open and closed-end commingled funds, and public real estate securities programs. As a wholly-owned member of the Jones Lang LaSalle group, LaSalle's investment teams also draw on the intelligence and resources of our parent company, giving us unique access to market opportunities and key industry leaders.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
The only real estate services and money management firm listed on Forbes magazine s Platinum 400 Best Big Companies list for three consecutive years
One of the 100 Best Corporate Citizens in the United States named by CRO magazine
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for six consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com or www.lasalle.com.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.