Senior Global Solutions Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSenior Global Solutions Architect
* Support strategic sales engagements, drive thought leadership in a cross functional manner, and support the global Cloud strategy for Equinix
* Support key initiatives that include, but are not limited to, strategic sales engagements, development of offers and repeatable solutions, and use cases focused on the five sales verticals within the Equinix Ecosystem (Network, Financial, Cloud, Content/Digital Media, and Enterprise)
* Provide strategic support for Equinix sales organizations
* Drive thought leadership in areas of new technology and innovation
* Support the Global Cloud initiative
* Build a cross vertical consulting practice focused on growing the quality and quantity of the company s business, focused on network, enterprise, Cloud, content, and interconnection
* Understand how to intuitively work in a cross functional manner with resources in the CIO, CTO, CMO and CSO organizations
* Support existing strategic accounts, global accounts, and new lines of business
* Understand the goals of the company and position, and effectively develop strategies to meet those goals
* Operate in a three-tiered engagement architecture that includes demand capture, demand creation, and professional services touch points
* Understand how to conduct requirements, design, implementation, and operations phases of a project
* Plan, execute, and communicate the results of the work required in defined consulting focused engagements
* Organize additional technical resources within the organization to address client needs when necessary
* Travel when necessary to Equinix headquarters, industry events, and customer engagements.
* A Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (or foreign equivalent) and five (5) years of experience in the job offered, or related occupation.
* In the alternative, we will accept seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in the job offered, or related occupation.
* Employer will accept any suitable combination of education, training or experience.
Knowledge and experience must include:
* Service Chaining
* Solution and Partner Development
* Technical pre-sales
* Cloud Technology & Services including but not limited to Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google, Cloud Service, Oracle Cloud Services and IBM Cloud Services
* Virtualization skills including but not limited to HyperV & VMWare
* Advanced Switching Technology (Networking)
* Advanced IP Routing (Networking)
* Network Security
* Windows Server & Redhat Linux