Senior Grant Writer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Natural Resources Defense Council
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview:
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is the nation's most effective environmental action organization. We use law, science and the support of 1.3 million members and online activists to protect the planet's wildlife and wild places and to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all living things. Our staff of more than 430 lawyers, scientists, economists, policy and communications experts, and others, work out of offices in New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Montana and Beijing.
Position Summary :
The primary responsibility of the Senior Development Associate/Grant Writer is to prepare persuasive written fundraising materials-including proposals, reports, solicitation letters, and financial budgets and reports-for a range of donors including foundations, individual major donors, donor-advised funds, and prospects.
* Writing fundraising materials, including proposals, reports, letters, and program updates - writing in a variety of styles ranging from the highly technical to the personal, and being flexible and able to turn with ease from one kind of writing assignment to another.
* Maintaining a working knowledge of the interests and expectations of the organization's major funders, and must be able to digest information about NRDC's many programs from a variety of sources and describe our activities in clear and compelling language.
* Preparing financial materials, including budgets and expense reports
* Researching and writing donor histories for briefings
* Serving as point person within the Operations Department for selected NRDC program areas
* BA or BS degree
* 2-3 years experience writing for a high-volume non-profit Development department
* Strong commitment to environmental advocacy
* Superior writing skills
* Strong communications and interpersonal skills
* Ability to make judgment calls in a variety of situations
* Collegial team player able to work well with diverse internal and external constituencies
* Thrives in a fast-paced environment, and is eager to contribute to the collaborative dynamic of the department.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
* Strong analytical skills, and experience working with project budgets and financial reports
* Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to work independently and nimbly manage multiple deadlines
* Windows and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and overall database software proficiency
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.
To apply, please create a profile and upload your resume and cover letter. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs . Please reference where you saw this posting.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org