Senior Graphic Designer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
Newport Beach, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Urban Decay Cosmetics is seeking a Senior Graphic Designer to join our team in Newport Beach, CA.
The Graphic Designer is a vital role in the Urban Decay creative team. Reporting to the Art Director, the Graphic Designer serves as a team member within the graphic design group. They will assist the Art Director in expressing and evolving the brand, and will work with the rest of the design team to produce highly creative, on-brand work.
* Work with the design team to create seasonal design concepts for use each season, including type treatments, patterns, illustrated elements, etc.
A sample of the design projects a Graphic Designer might work on:
* Requires a strong proficiency in file preparation and delivery for multiple mediums. A developed understanding of printing, digital/offset, specialty treatments and materials is required in order to design with the most creative possibilities in mind.
Assist in concepts and layouts for ad campaigns and photo shoots.
Concept look and feel for event materials: invites, visuals, wardrobe, etc.
Create 2D renderings: product components and packages, event materials, merchandising.
Apparel or promotional item design/production: t-shirts, notebooks, jewelry.
Illustrate a brand pattern for use across all mediums.
* In addition to the performance of the job responsibilities mentioned above, this position will required to perform supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based on the particular requirements of the operation. Additionally:
Successful employee should be adaptable in using their organizational skills to prioritize tasks and opportunistic in taking ownership of various projects. Have the urgency to anticipate busy schedules and teamwork to communicate with other members of the department to complete assignments on time and accurately. Possess openness in their problem solving and integrity in their research to effectively address the needs of the company. Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the company from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Solid work ethic: makes their best effort to take advantage of their time at the office, strives to create their most creative work every time.
Positive and ego-free: Our design team is full of fun people who do a great job, and we want to bring in more of the same!
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
* This design position requires someone with more of a fine art background who can handle the truly creative aspects of projects, rather than just layout. Illustration, type design (hand/digital), and strong concepting skills necessary. Excellent sense of typography and color.
* Passion for design in daily life. Watches trends, reads relevant blogs and design sites, well informed of new features in Adobe CS, etc.
* Possesses a design aesthetic focused around feminine, high-fashion, edgy, luxury, metropolitan trends (as opposed to a mass, teen, action sports, or cutesy design aesthetic.)
* Experience designing in a commercial capacity. A Senior Graphic Designer should be able to walk the line between art and commerce: Design creative pieces that reinforce the brand image while also communicating clearly and driving sales.
* Superior layout skills.
* Print production experience is extremely helpful, including press checks, knowledge of specialty treatments, and mediums.
* Apparel production experience a plus.
* Experience designing for a variety of mediums (print, web, apparel) a plus.
* Communicates well with creative team members at all levels, from the chief creative officer to a production designer. Collaborates well with copywriters, production team, etc.
* Attention to detail. Submits work that is free of errors. Delivers flawless final files. Good archiving habits. Must be able to manage time and multi-task.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OR REQUIREMENTS
LIGHT LIFTING WITH WHAT YOU WOULD FIND IN A NORMAL OFFICE ENVIRONMENT
Education/ Experience/ Licenses or Certifications:
Four-year degree in graphic design, with an emphasis on fine art
3+ years experience
* Expert in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Proficient in InDesign.
* Mac system/software
* Basic MS Office Software
* Basic PC/Mac conversion/compatibility troubleshooting
* Resourceful with the internet
About Urban Decay Cosmetics
Our story opens in the mid- 90s, when pink, red and beige enslaved the prestige beauty market. Flying in the face of this monopoly, Urban Decay unleashed a line of lipsticks and nail enamels inspired by seedier facets of the urban landscape. The vibe since day one* Beauty with an edge .
While we ve grown like crazy since then, we haven t stopped experimenting. We now offer an endless array of high-performance cosmetics, from velvety-soft shadows (including some of the industry s bestselling palettes) and creamy, badass lipsticks to weightless complexion products and high-tech setting sprays to make your makeup last all day.
Urban Decay is the leading, trend-setting cosmetics company that extends employment opportunities to those individuals who are just as passionate about working in the industry as we are. Our company's success and growth allows us to search for highly talented and extremely dedicated individuals who are eager to join our team.
We are part of the L'Or al group. Find out more about our parent company online at: http://www.loreal.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.