Senior Graphic Designer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 1/5/2017
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
Saint Petersburg, FL
Valpak, one of the leading direct marketing companies in North America, is looking for a Senior Graphic Designer to join their team. The Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for conceptualization and implementation of design solutions that meet marketing and business strategies. This involves the creation of design solutions, from concept to completion, in a wide range of graphic applications including: collateral materials, environmental graphics, publications, brand identity, packaging, video titling and multimedia/web interfaces and tools.
The Senior Designer plays a lead role on any given project and may also assist the Creative Director by leading the work of one or more junior designers to create concepts, comps, layouts and final art. He/she presents visual solutions to internal clients and helps communicate strategies behind design ideas and executions. This position requires significant independent judgment.
WHY A CAREER WITH VALPAK?
* WORK FOR AWARD-WINNING BRANDS. Our brand is among the best in the industry, often ranking number one in our markets.
* BE YOURSELF. MAKE US BETTER. Innovation thrives in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage everyone to contribute their best ideas.
* WE INVEST IN OUR EMPLOYEES. Valpak provides a generous benefits package that includes robust health benefits for your family, including paid time off (i.e. vacation, sick and holidays).
* OUR PEOPLE ARE OUR MOST VALUABLE RESOURCE. Through career development, ongoing and on-the-job training and a commitment to promoting from within, our employees help define their own career paths.
* WE ARE COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE. We are actively involved in community service and contribute financially to local nonprofit organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Researches, conceptualizes and executes design solutions to meet strategic objectives. Consults with clients on design options and choices.
* Develops design solutions that captivate, resonate, and motivate the appropriate target audience.
* Acts as project lead and mentor to other designers for more complex or multi-faceted projects.
* Determines the style, technique and media best suited to produce the desired effect and meet reproduction requirements.
* Creates all components of artwork and/or layouts together in a manner consistent with industry or company standards.
* Produces the various proofs required for the approval of the design and/or production of the created artwork and/or layouts.
* Communicates effectively with clients, management and print or video producer in order to produce the desired product within proposed budget.
* Maintains an orderly and efficient project and file management system consistent with department specifications and policy.
* Responsible for accurately reporting project work activity, timelines and associated costs for departmental billing and analytic purposes.
* Performs related work and additional duties as needed or required.
Minimum 5 years experience in the creation and production of a wide variety of design-related projects. Bachelor degree in graphic design, advertising design or related area required. Audio visual and web design experience preferred.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Strong problem solving and conceptual skills
* Detail oriented
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Able to distinguish color differences for full range of colors
* Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite
* Able to meet client requirements with close deadlines
* Ability to express and present concepts clearly and concisely
Valpak, one of the leading direct marketing companies in North America, is owned and operated by Cox Target Media, Inc., a subsidiary of Cox Media Group. Cox Target Media helps companies of all sizes connect with consumers to drive business results through its Valpak and Savings.com businesses.
With innovative & complementary digital advertising products, more than 170 franchisees provide Valpak's proven direct marketing products to over 65,000 businesses in North America. Valpak mails more than 20 billion coupons reaching over 45 million select households every month in over 100 markets. In all, nearly 500 million blue envelopes will mail annually. And we connect with millions of consumers every day through valpak.com and mobile apps.
Valpak offers and provides a competitive pay and benefits package including health and dental, paid time off, and 401(k) matching. We re hiring individuals who will help us accomplish our goals with Speed, Passion and Courage.
Valpak is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Veterans/Women/Disabled.
ORGANIZATION: Cox Media Group
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-FL-St. Petersburg-805 Executive Center Dr W
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Individual Contributor
SHIFT: Day Job
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing