Senior HL7 Interface Development Lead 8/27/2016
Harris Computer Systems
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
CareTracker is seeking a talented and experienced Senior Software Developer to join our software engineering team in a leadership role.We are looking for someone to lead and expand our interface development team. The interfaces developed and supported by this team are a critical component of our CareTracker PM and EMR web application.
Do you find yourself constantly revising your code to make it more efficient, reusable, and readable*
Do you believe that code is an art form, that simple solutions are the hardest to find but the most beautiful way of solving a problem*
Do you enjoy mentoring and being seen as leader*
We want our Senior HL7 Development Lead to effectively work with technical and business teams, set strategy, create new repeatable processes and build an effective team. Previous experience with InterSystems Ensemble is critical for success in this role.
Working for CareTracker, a division of Harris Computer, is the perfect opportunity to fulfill your professional goals as well as achieve your personal goals and dreams! We are a financially strong, growing and stable company that offers employees the opportunity to learn and have fun! We empower our employees to make a difference and directly contribute to the success of the organization! Our employees enjoy a casual work environment that offers comfort while providing superior service to our customers. We offer a comprehensive benefit package as well as other additional Perks !
* Work as key member of Research & Development team to lead and expand our interface development team
* Communicate with technical and business team
* Create and imporve processes within team
* Maintain development deadlines and provide accurate estimates
* Analyze and troubleshoot product stability issues reported by clients
* Utilize programming skills to ensure delivered code meets high standards of quality and re-usability
* Follow functional/technical specifications and work with Business Analysts to ensure delivered code meets specifications
* Work closely with Quality Assurance group to support release process for changes
* Experience with InterSystems Ensemble is a must
* Experience with HL7 interface development
* Experience working as a developer in the Microsoft .NET environment (VB.NET, C#)
* Experience with SQL and stored procedures (preferably Oracle PL/SQL)
* Experience leading and/or building a team
* Experience working with vendors and assessing tools
* Experience in the Healthcare IT industry
* Experience with the software development lifecycle (SDLC) in an Agile (SCRUM) environment
* 4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
Founded in 1998, Harris CareTracker is a healthcare technology company. We offer a cloud-based, fully integrated Practice Management (PM) and Electronic Health Record (EHR) solution that strengthens our customers revenue cycle, automates administrative tasks and enables physicians to access and deliver useful information right at the point of care.
Based in Providence, Rhode Island, Harris CareTracker is a division of Harris Computer, a member of the Constellation Software Inc. group of companies. Since 1976, Harris has focused on providing feature-rich and robust turnkey solutions to all levels of local government, public power and water entities as well as school districts throughout North America. Harris' focus is on creating long-term relationships with our customers and ensuring that we meet the changing needs of our customers over time. Harris is divided into multiple functional Business Units that are supported by a centralized Corporate Services group.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Harris to ensure that its management and employment practices are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, sexual orientation, protected physical or mental disability, amnesty, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.