Senior HR Business Partner
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Young's Market Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe HR Business Partner acts as a partner to the line by embedding corporate HR strategy and providing professional HR guidance and support to relevant internal client groups with the objective of adding value to the business.
Based on Business Model in the Pacific Northwest work closely with HR in the Head office, as well as HR teams on shared service agreement on a couple of other Distributors who cover day to day HR support.
Contribute to the business strategy by helping business leaders to identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes
* Support line managers in forecasting and planning their talent pipeline requirements in line with the function/business strategy
* Implement appropriate employee training and manage its delivery
* Facilitate long-term initiatives aligned with the strategic agenda
* Help the business unit leader to provide employees with development opportunities and ensure that they are able to meet current and future performance standards
* Develop and promote feedback mechanisms for employees to influence the continuous improvement of HR services and processes
* Provide expert advice and coaching to employees when appropriate
* Understand employee opinions and anticipate their needs and concerns
* Review and benchmark the internal and external environment to improve the HR policies and initiatives
* Identify and drive the communication and sharing of best practices across functions to facilitate continuous improvement
* Act as a liaison between the line and HR to ensure that HR services are aligned with internal client needs
* Identify new opportunities where HR can add value to the business
* Maintain a knowledge of progressive HR practices and key trends
* Ensure that a strong leadership and coaching culture permeates the organization
* Manage specific projects as determined in the annual HR operational plan and participate in functional and cross-functional initiatives
* Coach management with issues pertaining to progressive discipline and union contract issues.
* Conduct employee investigations that yield pertinent information that will allow for sound decisions to be made when concluding such matters.
* Coordinate and/or deliver the new-hire orientation, management training, and employee training.
* A Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a concentration in business administration, HR management, or related field.
* Graduatedegreepreferred but not required.
* 5 to 7years of experience in a mid to senior-level human resources role in which independent decision making was part of the role
* PHR or SPHR preferred but not required.
* Minimum 3 to 5years of experience investigating harassment/discrimination, wage-hour, and other forms of employee complaints.
* Knowledge of Employment/Labor Laws, FMLA, Workers' Compensation, OSHA, and Union Contract administration.
* Substantial business acumen
* Clear, comprehensive understanding of the link between HR and business strategy
* Ability to develop clear, actionable steps in support of an overall business strategy
* Ability to identify new ways for HR to support the business strategy
* Ability to develop and deliver relevant, effective training programs to targeted audiences
* Ability to engage, inspire, and influence people
* Effective team player
* Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
* Significant knowledge of HR policies and processes (e.g., workforce planning and talent management)
* Proficient in Microsoft Office
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. This position also requires the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. This position will further requires the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and employees. This position also requires the ability to convey ideas clearly and concisely in both written and verbal communications.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. This position also requires the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) environment.