Senior HR Business Partner
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
Saint Paul, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Senior HR Business Partner
HUMAN RESOURCES | ST. PAUL, MN, UNITED STATES
Making a World of Difference - At Ecova, we believe each individual, no matter the role, can make a difference for our clients, the environment and for themselves. Ecova is built on a strong foundation of integrity, community, leadership, persistence and urgency.
Our highest goal is to be the market leading, trusted advisor to organizations driven to maximize results, reduce expenses, manage risk and improve environmental performance. Our focus is to grow results on saving resources for our clients from utilities to facilities. We apply data-driven insights from demand to impact to target inefficiencies and See More, Save More and Sustain More for our clients.
We strive to deliver results and innovation through efforts of our unparalleled people to each and every client with whom we engage. We re on the look-out for team players to work with us in serving as an integral extension of our clients to measure, analyze and improve resource management. Come join the Ecova family together we can Make a World of Difference.
The Senior HR Business Partner is a key member of the HR Team actively partnering with the business to lead an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, positive culture change and effective performance management practices. The Senior HRBP will partner with the business to ensure successful implementation of corporate-wide programs and initiatives across the organization, in support of Ecova s overall business strategy. Expected to work across the Enterprise on large program execution, program development, or multi-function organizational design.
* Typically will have responsibility for several functional business units, each with a separate Sr. Executive and associated staff. As such, is a key contributor to Enterprise strategy development and execution. A key strategic advisor to the ELT and Sr. Leadership Team.
* As a senior member of the HR Business Partner Team, will provide strategic and operational excellence by translating business strategy and requirements into value-adding approaches to workforce planning, change management and operational efficiency.
* May have direct reports. Responsible for development of, and leadership for, the HR Business Partner Team, including recruitment, training, performance managing, empowerment, individual development, and team building.
* Acts as a thought partner to Executive and Senior leadership in defining their team and talent strategies and objectives. Directly assists in the execution of Talent strategies with senior leaders and COE (Centers of Excellence) partners.
* Provide strategic support to the business to design the organization structure, roles and responsibilities including the definition of the future capability requirements. May lead design efforts that span multiple functions or geographies.
* In partnership with HR and the business leadership, develops an Integrated Talent Strategy focused on acquiring, moving and developing talent in support of building functional bench strength and high performing teams.
* As a senior HR professional, will conduct internal investigations as required when allegations of policy violations are made, with the objective of influencing resolution and mitigating company risk.
* Partner with leadership and HR Talent organization to design and deliver appropriate talent planning activities that will identify talent, leadership development priorities, and succession plans. Focus efforts on personal development needs, and promote a learning environment which supports on-the-job opportunities within the teams, and internally across the company.
* Coach business leaders on leadership behaviors and practices, employee communication, development and performance management strategies and tactics to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development.
* Develop partnerships with HR functional teams (e.g., Comp, Regional HR, L&D, Recruitment) and other staff groups (e.g., Finance, Communications) to deliver integrated solutions to HR-related needs.
* Bachelor s degree in business, finance, or related field required. Professional certification in Human Resources preferred.
* An advanced degree in HR, Organizational Development, or related field is desired.
* Minimum of 15 years experience required as an HR Director, HR Business Partner or Employee Relations Manager preferably in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
* Industry or consulting experience in change management, organizational design & learning & development.
* Strong HR Consulting and business partnering experience required; in-depth experience in performance management, employee relations, investigations and strong knowledge of HR law and applications is required.
* Experience leading, mentoring and effectively managing teams to performance is required.
* Proven experience in a large, multinational organization is required.
* Must have Business Partner experience support key executive staff and large lines of business (500 to 600 employees at a minimum).
* Proven ability to provide sound business decisions within the bounds of labor laws and proven proficiency in and experience managing diverse employee base.
* Must quickly establish personal and HR credibility within the organization and have the ability and the desire to embrace change as well as the ability to lead others through the change process. Comfortable challenging the status quo and willing to "roll up their sleeves and get things done" as well as possess a can do" attitude.
* Must demonstrate highly effective interpersonal communication skills and a sound understanding of the business.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure, independently, and within a collaborative team oriented environment. Proven ability to use sound judgment in decision-making.
* Desire to coach and develop others to ensure best in class delivery of HR services.
* Must be detail-oriented, analytical, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment, and able to perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
* Demonstrates excellent communication and customer service to internal and external customers.
* Ability to work with all levels of management and staff.
* Ability to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
* Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a generous employer match.
Ecova is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.