Senior HR Leader - Toledo
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
The J. M. Smucker Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONFor more than 115 years, The J. M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of consumer food and beverage products and pet food and pet snacks in North America with annual net sales of approximately $8 billion. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's , Folgers , Jif , Dunkin Donuts , Crisco , Pillsbury , R.W. Knudsen Family , Hungry Jack , Caf Bustelo , Martha White , truRoots , Sahale Snacks , Robin Hood , and Bick s . In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Meow Mix , Milk- Bone , Kibbles 'n Bits , Natural Balance , and 9Lives . The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
Senior HR Leader
~A comprehensive relocation package may be available
Regional HR Leader North Region
* Leads HR at a plant and may manage one or more HR Leaders; may also manage site resources such as education and training (E&T), health & safety (e.g., a plant nurse), a scheduler, etc.
* Manage responsibilities, provide leadership, evaluate performance, and drive service expertise for HR in the assigned plant/site, but may flow to the work as demand rises/falls within that region
* Serves on the site leadership team; acts as a coach, advisor, and confidante to operations leaders
* May lead the organizational capability ( OC ) pillar of the Smucker Quality Management System (High Performance Work System)
* May manage day-to-day relationship with labor union(s); including managing in-line with collective bargaining agreement, grievance management, and overall execution of labor strategy
* Manages plant HR activities such as hourly recruiting, performance management, employee/labor relations, and local talent management efforts
* Leverage specialized knowledge about the unique plant s practices, business needs, people, and procedures to execute HR tasks
* Support the functional strategy by managing HR Leader(s) in designing programs, policies, and practices to attract, retain, and/or engage talent in alignment with the business strategy
* Proactively plan for project, system, and organizational contingencies related to operations and recommend, implement, manage, or support changes under the guidance of senior management; assure that physical, financial, and people resources are managed effectively
* Manage supplemental activities such as community outreach, employee events, etc.
* Assure that customers, partners, and stakeholders (e.g., COEs and other stakeholders such as Regional HR Leaders and Organization Business Partners) are kept up-to-date with appropriate, timely, and relevant communication of trends, issues, and services
* Handle escalated and/or sensitive requests and issues from an HR Leader; escalate particularly specialized, difficult, or sensitive matters to the appropriate Center of Excellence resource and assure that cases are updated and maintained accordingly
* Provide excellent service to ensure activities provide the intended experience for end users in an efficient and effective manner; lead audits and validations of plant HR transactions
* Examine and verify HR related data for accuracy and consistency; authorize or approve transactions as necessary
* Develop, initiate, and manage operational process improvements to improve service delivery, efficiency, and effectiveness by partnering with the appropriate COE, other internal service center groups, third party vendors, and others as appropriate
* Regularly review measures to drive performance, identify trends, and develop/implement process improvements, escalating issues and proposed solutions as appropriate
* Responsible for maintaining all compliance requirements for assigned plant HR transactional processes; assure that third party vendors adhere to established service level agreements, and provide feedback to the appropriate corporate team regarding performance
* Assist the Regional HR Leader with the execution of the compliance programs, internal audits, external audits, and government audits
* Lead team performance and measure results to improve effectiveness and efficiency; encourage continuous learning and work with the Regional HR Leader to identify gaps and solutions
* Develop, coach, and mentor staff to build a high-performance team; set goals and facilitate growth and development to meet individualized employee career goals, motivational needs, and organizational opportunities
* Support organizational direction and culture; effectively manage employee performance using established company tools/methodology
* Recommend personnel decisions (e.g., compensation, recognition, transfer, promotion); assure that company policies and practices are followed, and set an example for team members
* Participate in the development and delivery of training for internal staff, specialist groups, or others as needed
* A Bachelor s degree is required
* At least 7 years of HR functional experience required (ex. employee and labor relations, staffing, compensation, benefits, employee data) is required
* Experience working at a manufacturing site is required
* Experience with labor unions is preferred
* Prior CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods) experience is preferred
* Experience with an HRIS system and other HR enabling technologies (ex. case management, manager self-service)
* Experience delivering and improving HR plant processes to maximize efficiency & deliver quality services
* Experience working, monitoring, and interacting with third-party vendors
* Strong people leadership skills and demonstrated track record of success leading initiatives
* Significant business/operational knowledge with an understanding of risks, challenges, and advantages
* Experience leading and mentoring a team and helping to foster/create a great place to work
* Experience successfully managing multiple priorities & projects through successful delivery & implementation under time, budget, and political pressure
* Experience with Microsoft tools and applications is required
The J. M. Smucker Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.