Senior Hardware Engineer - 400
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/25/2016
Nokia Siemens Networks
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONNOKIA IS A GLOBAL LEADER IN THE TECHNOLOGIES THAT CONNECT PEOPLE AND THINGS. WITH STATE-OF-THE-ART SOFTWARE, HARDWARE AND SERVICES FOR ANY TYPE OF NETWORK, NOKIA IS UNIQUELY POSITIONED TO HELP COMMUNICATION SERVICE PROVIDERS, GOVERNMENTS, AND LARGE ENTERPRISES DELIVER ON THE PROMISE OF 5G, THE CLOUD AND THE INTERNET OF THINGS. SERVING CUSTOMERS IN OVER 100 COUNTRIES, OUR RESEARCH SCIENTISTS AND ENGINEERS CONTINUE TO INVENT AND ACCELERATE NEW TECHNOLOGIES THAT WILL INCREASINGLY TRANSFORM THE WAY PEOPLE AND THINGS COMMUNICATE AND CONNECT.
The Wireline Business Group at Alcatel-Lucent is the undisputed worldwide market leader in most key areas of the wireline business, from broadband access and triple play/IPTV networks (No. 1) to optical networking (No. 1), and is the fastest growing player in the IP routing market ( No. 2). The IP Routing team is operating in a highly competitive market. We are looking for motivated and talented engineers to help us maintain our competitive edge by supporting world-leading products in an environment which demands leadership and focus from everyone on the team.
A Senior Hardware Engineer in the IP Routing group performs a variety of complex activities covering the sustaining (product support) cycle of the hardware developed by the IP Routing team. These can include: ongoing design maintenance for obsolescence, cost reduction, or RoHS, multi-sourcing and qualification of alternate suppliers, and investigating customer-reported problems for root cause analysis and implementing improvements in design, test, and/or operations to resolve those problems
* Minimum B.Sc or B.Eng in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
* 7 to 10 years experience working with highly complex, high density multilayer printed circuit boards, including demonstrated expertise in supporting and sustaining such designs successfully through the entire product life cycle.
* Knowledge of all aspects of the product design process, including FPGAs, component qualification procedures, and advanced trouble shooting techniques.
* Familiarity with industry regulations such as NEBS, GR-1089, and RoHS.
* Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, with proven success working in a team spanning multiple timezones and continents.
* Ability to perform moderate complexity PCB soldering would be an asset
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DO NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY EMPLOYEE OR APPLICANT FOR EMPLOYMENT BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOR, SEX, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, STATUS AS A VETERAN, AND BASIS OF DISABILITY OR ANY OTHER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL PROTECTED CLASS.