Senior Hazard Communications Specialist
Nexeo Solutions is the largest global chemical and plastics distributor with a centralized business model. With operations worldwide, Nexeo offers over 26,000 products used in a broad cross-section of industries, including chemicals manufacturing, oil and gas, paints and coatings, automotive, healthcare and personal care. Nexeo distributes these products in North America, EMEA, and Asia. The company provides broad logistics capabilities, in-depth market knowledge, dedicated technical expertise and Environmental Services. As a private company employing more than 2,500 employees, Nexeo connects a network of over 1,200 suppliers with a diverse base of more than 28,000 customers. Learn more at www.nexeosolutions.com.
* Perform hazard determinations, author SDSs, develop labels, and other regulatory documents.
* Assist with the development, optimization and management of the processes to create, maintain, and distribute hazard communication documents in the SAP EHS system for all company in all regions in which we conduct business worldwide.
* Assist with the development, optimization and management of the processes for managing supplier provided SDSs that are utilized for Hazcom compliance to develop Nexeo branded products and "distributed" products utilizing supplier SDSs.
* In collaboration with the IT department, responsible for establishing and maintaining system infrastructure, including property trees, multi-language library phrases, rules (as purchased from content provider), custom rules (as developed in-house), templates for output, regulatory data (from content provider), compliance controls and interfaces to external controls for all chemical and dangerous goods regulations on a global basis.
* Partner with IT in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) in support of SAP upgrades and other projects as needed.
* Participate in Product Safety team initiatives for developing compliance programs and internal communication and training efforts related to hazard communication and regulatory controls requirements. Participate in delivery of same.
* Provide support to internal stakeholders on SDS and label issues, order blocks, etc.
* Mentor and train less experienced team members.
* Participate in and/or lead Merger and Acquisition (M&A) integration projects as assigned.
* Expected to have direct customer interactions.
THIS POSITION WILL BE LOCATED IN THE WOODLANDS, TX.
* Degree in chemistry, biological or physical sciences required.
* 10 plus years Hazcom experience in the chemical, petrochemical, and/or polymer industries.
* Experience working with SDS authoring software and labeling systems required.
* SAP HSE experience is strongly preferred.
* Strong working knowledge of OSHA hazard Communication standard and transport classifications, including DOT, IMDG, IATA, and TDG required.
* Familiarity with associated chemical control and hazard communication regulatory issues in the chemical industry
* Knowledge of consumer product labeling requirements a plus
* Ability to perform responsibilities with a positive attitude and work in a team environment.
* Must be self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision and be adept at adjusting to changing priorities.
* Ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization (e.g., marketing, IT, internal EH&S, etc.)
Nexeo Solutions participates in the E-Verify program to ensure employment eligibility of newly hired employees where required.