Senior Health & Safety Field Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Enable Midstream Energy Partners
Watford City, ND
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary:
Responsible for providing a broad range of EHS program support to field operations and management. Coordinates EHS programs in order to maintain compliance with federal, state, local laws and regulations. Implements assigned EHS field activities and provides technical assistance to stakeholders regarding existing and new EHS programs. This position will work closely with field personnel and other support groups to ensure consistent communication and overall EHS program implementation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Supports implementation of overall strategy for EHS Programs to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations.
* Advises field leadership regarding the EHS aspects of O&M/Capital projects, tasks and operations.
* Implements programs, policies and procedures applicable to field personnel.
* Supports the development of procedures, training and presentations related to programmatic and/or regulatory changes and communicate to applicable field stakeholders.
* Interfaces with internal/external stakeholders to maintain effective working relationships.
* Coordinates EHS training of field employees on policies, procedures, and regulations.
* Identify opportunities to remove hazards from the workplace and implement programs/ processes to mitigate such workplace hazards.
* Ensures EHS projects are completed in accordance with an established schedule and budget.
* Verifies compliance with regulations and ensures all required records are maintained, prepared, and/or submitted in accordance with established guidelines and/or regulatory deadlines within an assigned geographic area of responsibility.
* Coordinates and/or participates in field regulatory inspections/internal audit processes, providing inspectors/auditors with required documents.
* Responsible for responding to company incidents including but not limited to emergency response, spills, pipeline failures, gas releases, employee/contractor injuries, and vehicular incidents.
* Coordinates with local emergency response teams and other internal departments to ensure the incident is contained and controlled.
* Assists with regulatory reporting associated with company incidents.
* Provides information regarding safety Key Performance Indicators (KPI s) through the use of data management systems.
* Conducts analysis of reports and metrics to ensure continual performance improvement.
* Monitors EHS Program effectiveness at the field level and identifies areas of potential risk. Works with the EHS group to develop and implement risk mitigation strategies to reduce overall employee and company risk.
* Leads and/or participates in field incident investigations, including root cause analysis. Assists stakeholders with implementation of identified corrective actions and monitors progress.
* Provides technical support for the analysis of EHS regulatory proposals and policy positions, including coordinating input from all affected internal stakeholders.
* Provides support to specific environmental programs including but not limited to SPCC, emergency response, sampling, environmental inspections, and waste management.
* May provide other related duties.
Minimums (Education & Experience):
* Bachelor s degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science, Engineering, Engineering Technology, or other related technical field.
* Five (5) years directly related experience (i.e., developing and delivering training on EHS related topics, conducting incident investigations, performing EHS audits, inspections or assessments, developing, managing, reviewing and updating EHS policies, procedures and programs).
* Valid state driver s license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Working knowledge of federal, state and local EHS regulations.
* Technical skills in EHS program development, review and implementation.
* Self-motivated and possesses strong individual initiative to develop, implement, and complete projects and initiatives with minimal or no supervision.
* Effective coaching skills with the ability to motivate and encourage creative thinking.
* Ability to interact professionally, effectively and tactfully with internal and external stakeholders.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to use communication skills (including active listening) and interpersonal skills to communicate clearly, effectively, and persuasively.
* Able to communicate effectively within large groups of employees and in one on one employee relationships.
* Demonstrated commitment to achieve measurable results and to hold self and others accountable.
* Effective project management skills with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities, priorities, tasks and projects simultaneously.
* Ability to exercise professional judgment, utilizing job knowledge and experience to evaluate risks and manage outcomes.
* Ability to demonstrate strong personal effectiveness skills including integrity and trust, problem solving, decision-making, organizational effectiveness and results orientation.
* Able to use creative abilities and innovative thinking to solve problems with logical solutions, multi-task, make fact-based decisions, and work effectively with minimal supervision.
* Able to produce results through others while maintaining a high level of morale.
* Ability to prioritize and schedule tasks, respond well to changing priorities, pay attention to detail and demonstrate quality time management and organizational skills.
* Ability to effectively analyze and resolve problems of various complexities.
* Able to work effectively under pressure and practice effective time management.
* Able to use a personal computer with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and data management systems.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* EHS field experience in the oil & gas industry (including gathering, processing, storage, transmission, & liquid gathering)
* Environmental experience including but not limited to waste management, asbestos, remediation, and SPCC programs
* Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification
* Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) certification
* Associate Safety Professional (ASP) certification
* May be required to lift fifty (50) pounds or more.
* May be required to climb ladders, walkways, or scaffolds.
* May be required to work at heights up to and exceeding thirty (30) feet and within below grade excavations.
* Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
* Ability to operate a motor vehicle and travel long distances.
* Ability to view a personal computer monitor or laptop screen for extended periods of time.
* Able to work in a fast paced environment with daily pressures to meet deadlines.
* Office and outdoor environment.
* May be required to work a varied schedule and/or overtime (scheduled and/or unscheduled, nights and/or weekends) to complete projects and meet deadlines in response to changing demands.
* Required to be periodically on-call for afterhours emergencies.
* Ability to respond to emergencies on a 24 hour a day/7 day a week schedule.
* Routine travel for inspections and/or investigations at field locations; attend or conduct training; attend regulatory hearings, industry or professional association conferences and/or other meetings (with customers, vendors, contractors, etc.) and stay overnight as required.
* May be exposed to extreme conditions and inclement weather.
Nearest Major Market: North Dakota
Job Segment: Engineer, Developer, Law, Compliance, Data Management, Engineering, Technology, Legal, Data