Senior Healthcare Representative, Specialty Care BU,
Pfizer Inc - baltimore, MDThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Pfizer Inc Pfizer Inc
- baltimore, MD
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- not provided
- not provided
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
Org Marketing Statement
Pfizer Inc: Working together for a healthier world
Founded in 1849, Pfizer is the world's premier biopharmaceutical company taking new approaches to better health. We discover, develop, manufacture and deliver quality, safe and effective prescription medicines to treat and help prevent disease for both people and animals. We also partner with healthcare providers, governments and local communities around the world to expand access to our medicines and to provide better quality health care and health system support. At Pfizer, colleagues in more than 90 countries work every day to help people stay happier and healthier longer and to reduce the human and economic burden of disease worldwide.
This position will report to the District Sales Manager and will support the field based launch and selling efforts for Tofacitinib. This position will require travel and may require some weekly overnights.
The Specialty Healthcare Representative is responsible for increasing the level of awareness and sales for Tofacitinib within assigned geography.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Accountable to meet or exceed sales and tactical business objectives for Tofacitinib
• Maintains an in-depth and sophisticated knowledge of disease state and product that enable the SHR to engage in meaningful dialog, build credibility and add value when calling on the Rheumatology Community.
• Responsible for understanding the managed care market dynamics and medical coverage or formulary status for Tofacitinib and communicating this information to physicians and staff.
• Responsible for providing healthcare providers with all relevant information that promotes quality healthcare decisions.
• Sells appropriately using only approved selling materials and resources; utilizes appropriate body language when addressing customers; focuses discussion on patient, Health care a professional and the practice.
• Engage customers in a way that is meaningful to them so that they find value in the interactions and welcome future engagements.
• Establishes and maintains objectives for geography in consultation with district management to assure execution of territorial business plan.
• Creates effective call plans that efficiently maximize call reach and frequency.
• Employs effective selling techniques, including pre-call planning, effective opening, presentation focus, productive questions, issues identification and effective close.
• Completes all call reporting and inventory responsibilities in accordance with current procedures and policies.
• Sets aside needed study and certification time, during off-territory hours to, required to learn medical, product, and policy information, as well as to maintain company supplies equipment and records.
• BA/BS Degree required
• Must have a minimum of 3 years pharmaceutical sales experience, with preference towards experience in any of the following areas: 1) rheumatology, 2) specialty and 3) launch experience.
• Strong working knowledge of pharmaceutical industry
• Able to provide documented sales success
• Demonstrated performance in highly clinical selling environment
• Demonstrated ability to incorporate payer landscape in selling presentations
• Ability to provide customer oriented solutions
• Demonstrated team work/collaboration
• Good organizational, planning skills; disciplined
• Self motivated/performance accountability
• Excellent communication skills