Senior Human Resources Analytics Leader 8/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY TITLE: Senior HR Analytics Leader
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services market by technology industry analyst firms. The company is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprise customers. CenturyLink provides data, voice and managed services in local, national and select international markets through its high-quality advanced fiber-optic network and multiple data centers for businesses and consumers. CenturyLink is an S&P 500 company and is included among the Fortune 500 list of America's largest corporations.
The Senior HR Analytics Leader will report to the Director Analytics and will provide support to the HR Senior Leadership Team with focus on the HR VP supporting Global Operations. This role regularly interacts with the Senior HR Leadership Team including the EVP of HR and requires excellent executive communication and presentation skills. The role will be the highest level analyst on a team of 6 and will provide informal mentoring and support for the less senior team members. The role will compile and analyze HR data to provide decision support to help drive the business on topics such as turnover, attraction, development, engagement, cost management, and retention. This individual will also be responsible for successfully obtaining, analyzing, and identifying actionable insights from statistical modeling of employee data. The role will have accountability for supporting the design and development - and leading the interpretation of - workforcereports and dashboards, including identifying key trends, opportunities and problem areas.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Provide support to HR in the areas of people metrics and predictive and advanced analytics.
* Support VP HR to identify business challenges and use fact-based solution strategies and data analysis to help influence changes to operations, process or programs.
* Co-Lead our Strategic Workforce Planning efforts at CenturyLink. Partner closely with Global Operations to transform their workforce, upgrading talent and skills.
* Use technology, analytical and quantitative research tools and models to develop and analyze enterprise-wide people and cross-functional data as needed and assist in interpretation and development of implications to address business problems.
* Create, maintain and ensure quality assurance of key HR data sets, reports and metrics that are relevant and insightful and highlight key trends in human capital dynamics.
* Responsible for participating in the design and implementation of self-services reporting tools as launched along with the associated communication and training.
* Design, develop and generate reports, analyzing the data to ensure accuracy and that the content meets business needs and requirements. Compiles analytics and monitors other relevant business impacting metrics.
* Build partnerships with HRIS/IT development teams and vendors to assist in delivery of tools and system solutions.
* Assess current reporting capabilities and make recommendations for improvement. Lead implementation of new reporting systems, and participate in assessment of new technology tools.
* Collaborate with subject matter experts across the HR service areas (learning and development, recruiting, talent management, diversity, compliance) to promote data governance and stewardship and to improve overall strategic and operational performance and insight.
* Provide guidance, training and subject matter expertise to teams and employees in asking appropriate questions, selecting the right metrics, interpreting the data and translating into actionable recommendations.
* Work as a representative to external benchmarks and key surveys supporting the HR function.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple competing priorities while ensuring adherence to deadlines.
* Identify fact-based solution strategies for key business issues raised by clients to ensure that all important issues are addressed fully and appropriately.
* Bachelor's Degree in, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, human resources, statistics, mathematics, finance, or related field. Masters/Doctorate level preferred.
* At least 8years of applicable HR and Analyst experience or 6years with a Masters Degree.
* Working knowledge of HR systems and processes, SAP preferred
* Advanced experience with Microsoft Access, PowerPoint, Excel, and statistical tools (r, tableau, etc.)
* Strong database management skills including the ability to merge, clean and analyze large amounts of data
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain data and findings to a non-technical audience.
* Executive level communication and presentation skills
* Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
* Demonstrated strong attention to detail, problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills