Senior Human Resources Consultant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONHelios HR is hiring a SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES CONSULTANT to become a part of our talented team. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, our consultants provide human resources consulting services throughout the Washington, DC metro area to a variety of commercial, government contracting, and non-profit clients.
At Helios, you will find an engaging, challenging and supportive environment. We believe in operating with intention, demonstrating caring, being engaged and making BIG things happen. We live our values every day and it shows in the work we do with our clients, our community and our team.
As a SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES CONSULTANT you will be responsible for assisting clients across all tactical, operational and strategic facets of Human Resources. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in developing and implementing HR infrastructures and programs across multiple functional areas. This person will also exhibit strong communication skills, particularly the ability to effectively interact with and influence organizational leadership.
Helios provides competitive health, vision, prescription, dental, life and disability insurance, 401K, flexible spending accounts, prepaid legal services, paid holidays, paid time off and flexible work schedules. Helios also splits the cost of your gym membership.
OUR SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCE CONSULTANTS:
* Partner with organizational leadership to align human resources strategy with business objectives
* Serve as trusted advisors, building deep relationships across all levels of the organizational from employees to leadership
* Design and implement HR programs, practices, processes and policies which are consistent with industry best practices and align with organizational goals
* Create and implement strategies to improve employee engagement and retention
* Maintain subject matter expertise in all operational and tactical areas of HR including, but not limited to, employment law, FLSA classifications, leave management, HR technology, benefits management and compensation
* A Bachelordegree is required
* At least eight years progressive HR Generalist experience and three years formally managing teams required
* Previous HR consulting experience is strongly preferred
* An active HR certification is required - PHR, SPHR, GPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP
* A depth and expertise in at least one functional area of human resources, such as benefits management, HRIS, compensation, performance management or compliance is preferred
* Experience in government contracting is a plus
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, exceptional presentation skills
* The ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, including C-Suite and VP levels, with confidence and poise
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
* Reliable transportation and the flexibility to work in a variety of locations within the Washington, DC metro area