Senior Human Resources Generalist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Las Vegas, NV
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Senior Human Resources Generalist
Gensler is seeking a well-rounded, experienced, hands-on Senior Human Resources Generalist who will work closely with local leadership teams and staff members to manage initiatives, complete projects, and proactively address issues to enhance the cohesive team environments within the offices of assigned responsibility. This position will be involved with all aspects of Human Resources, and will be the primary point of contact for all Human Resources related activities at two of Gensler s most prominent offices (Denver, CO and Las Vegas, NV). The position will physically be located in either Denver, CO or Las Vegas, NV depending on the successful candidate.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Serves as the primary point of contact for local leadership and staff regarding general inquiries on policy interpretation, local office practices, benefit administration, payroll, and various human resources related programs for Gensler s Denver and Las Vegas offices
* Provides counsel to Office Leadership and is responsible to prepare and review appropriate documentation associated with disciplinary actions and employee performance matters
* Serves as the primary point of contact and responsible for the upkeep of all local office HRIS data entry / maintenance for existing staff, and incoming new hires for Gensler s Denver and Las Vegas offices
* Responsible to coordinate and facilitate all on-boarding and new hire orientations for the Denver and Las Vegas offices
* Responsible to develop a thorough understanding of all Gensler policies, and ensure federal and state regulatory compliance within local offices
* Assists in all EEO/AAP tracking requirements associated with Talent Acquisition for the Denver and Las Vegas offices
* Proactively address all employee relation's issues and performance matters with utmost discretion and confidentiality
* Maintains documentation on local office(s) Human Resources related issues
* Ability to effectively engage, advise and operate as a Business Partner to management on human resources related issues
* Assists in the management of the recruitment process in Taleo Applicant tracking system
* Responsible to actively source talent, post requisitions, and manage internal interviews for Denver and Las Vegas offices
Position will be required to physically be on site at both offices (Denver, CO & Las Vegas, NV) on a regularly occurring monthly schedule. Approximate travel requirement of 50%.
* Demonstrated ability to work proactively and collaboratively within a team setting to accomplish business objectives
* Excellent organizational skills and management capabilities, with keen attention to detail
* Must be proactive, with the ability to engage with leadership to create strategies and delivery methods for solutions to important business issues
* Ability to manage through ambiguity and multiple competing priorities in a fast paced environment
* Ability to build and maintain effective, positive working relationships across all levels of staff and leadership
* Strong interpersonal communications skills and flexibility in work approach
* Intellectual Curiosity to expand knowledge of HR practice
8+ years of progressively responsible Human Resources Generalist experience
Experience working at a professional service firm preferred
Must display a high degree of Emotional Intelligence and professionalism
Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field required, with SHRM certification preferred
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.