Senior Human Resources Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Senior Human Resources Manager
Stanley Black & Decker, an S&P 500 company, is an $11 billion dollar diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools, electronic security solutions, mechanical access solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more. This opportunity resides within STANLEY Security, a global division of Stanley Black & Decker. STANLEY Local Security (SLS) is a $50 million dollar business comprised of several, mostly independent business units operating within a localized market. This unique business model enables localized, fully sufficient businesses to join the STANLEY Security organization and continue to operate mostly autonomously, while leveraging the broader organization.
The Senior HR Manager is responsible for leading Human Resources across this group of businesses. This position contributes to the business area s performance by providing direction on people strategies, organization development, and other Human Resources specific or business initiatives. The Sr. HR Manager acts as a trusted advisor to the President of SLS and the SLS leadership team; challenges and influences leaders on implications of business trends, issues, and operating environment that impact both the business unit and/or STANLEY Security.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (including but not limited to)
Human Resource Strategy and Leadership
* Partners with business leaders of existing and newly acquired entities to drive and deliver HR solutions to maximize people performance, strategy and workforce planning to contribute towards strengthening performance.
* Provides organization consulting on people strategies in support of the business objectives.
* Implements the HR strategy and operations within the business area.
* Monitors progress against metrics and milestones, coaching leadership as needed.
* Manages a team of individuals directly or indirectly.
* Aligns HR programs and initiatives to business objectives.
* Supports the Method for delivering Functional Excellence:
* Collaboration promotes cross-business and cross-functional communication, sharing and teamwork
* Standardization drives development and consistent application of HR Standard Operating Procedures
* Improvement initiates new and innovative communication practices to promote and reinforce a strong culture
* Designs and implements leadership and talent development, acquisition, and retention.
* Implements processes and experiences that grow the capacity of the organization s key people resources which include key talent identification, planning, development, and recruitment.
* Facilitates interviews, candidate selection and compensation for all levels within STANLEY Local Security.
* Implements retention strategies focusing on key leaders and individuals with core competencies or skills critical to the organization.
* Reviews supply and demand analyses of the current and future people/skills needs of the organization and implements strategies and plans to meet those needs.
* Develops the strategic staffing plan in conjunction with the businesses overall strategic workforce plan.
* Encourages building strength through diversity.
* Implements processes and solutions in partnership with leadership which support a positive employee relations environment through effective communications, policies and practices.
* Provides guidance and mediation to employees and managers in the resolution of work related issues and inquires.
* Assesses Employee Relations risks as observed and escalates for appropriate action.
* Advises leaders on employee relations issues, policies and procedures.
Organization Development and Design
* Evaluates organizational effectiveness and advises on the development of solutions.
* Assess training needs and implement training solutions.
* Identifies organizational design needand drives the implementation of solutions.
* Acts as a change agent to the business and implements processes and approaches, which prepare employees for ongoing change and transformation.
* Identifies change management needs and tailors strategy and programs to fit needs of the organization.
* Consults on process improvement initiatives.
* Identifies strategies to increase productivity, employee performance, and employee satisfaction.
* Facilitates the communication of the organization culture, vision, and values which guides the decisions and actions of the managers and employees of the organization.
* Monitors metrics to track the effectiveness of these initiatives.
Total Rewards Strategy
* Maximizes the organization s compensation, reward and recognition programs and implements additional incentives which will support the goals of the business area.
* Provides compensation analysis for market benchmarks and adjustment recommendations.
* Reviews trends and recommends interventions.
* Leads Merit, Bonus and Variable Compensation planning, advising and communication.
* Bachelor s degree required in Human Resources, Administration or related field.
* 5+ years of progressive HR leadership experience with at least 3 years in multiple HR disciplines, including HR Business Partner, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management and/or Employee Relations
* In-depth knowledge of Federal and State labor legislation and regulations
* Excellent interpersonal skills to work with employees and managers at all levels, including proven ability to influence leaders
* A high achiever with a track record of enhancing and facilitating best-in-class HR solutions
* Uses data to identify people trends, patterns, opportunities and problems that have an impact on the business
* Comfortable working through ambiguous situations and advising leaders on appropriate course of action
* Proven ability to formulate human resource strategies and plans in support of the business goals
* Possesses the ability to assist management to develop initiatives to improve the business
* Initiative to investigate and proceed with new ideas, projects, or process improvements
* Strong business and financial acumen and demonstrates a strategic business focus, a bias for action and results
* Generates creative and innovative solutions to problems
* Strong ability to manage and facilitate change
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE (continued)
* Masters degree (MHR, MILR, MBA)
* HR certification (SPHR, SHRM-SCP)
* 2+ years of experience supporting organizations in merger and acquisition related transition activity
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.