Senior Human Resources Manager 8/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Our client, a leading producer of heavy building materials including cement, concrete and aggregates, is seeking a Senior HR Manager for its mining and manufacturing complex located in the greater Miami, FL area.
Reporting directly to the HR Director for the business unit, the position will be a critical part of the management teams, a driver of people strategy and will provide overall HR support and guidance to the teams. Duties will include, but not be limited to, management coaching and guidance, employee development, recruitment and selection, organizational design and development, training, performance management and employee relations. The ideal candidate will possess a willingness to understand the business and offer diverse HR background that can create and guide the people strategies at the complex.
* Provide HR support in the areas of employee development, recruitment, compensation/benefits, organizational development, performance management and employee relations.
* Provide support to the business as an active member of the management and a thought partner to senior leaders.
* Monitor operational policies and procedures for hiring; discipline and termination; exit interviews; measure performance and determine appropriate compensation.
* Collaborate with our safety and legal teams to ensure a safe work environment is created for all employees.
* Advise staff on employee development, organizational development and employee performance issues.
* Develop and deliver training designed to meet organizational objectives.
* Assist with skill assessment, performance review and development plans.
* Prepare and submit regulatory reports including state unemployment compensation, etc.
* Stay abreast of changing laws, requirements and practices in the HR field.
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Organizational Development or related field required, with a Master's degree preferred; Minimum 15-20 years of HR generalist experience required. Seven years of experience in a management role within a manufacturing or industrial setting.
* Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of human resources principles and practices to include recruitment, benefits, compensation, training and development and strategy.
* A demonstrated ability to work with senior management, understand business and finance principals and align HR best practices to the business strategy.
* Effective analytical skills to examine cost structures and resolve complex issues.
* Experience working in an MSHA regulated facility preferred.
* Knowledge of state Worker's Compensation law and other regulatory standards.
* Fluent in English and Spanish
* Self-starter with high energy and proven record of instituting continuous improvement