Senior IT Business Analyst- Distribution
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
TheSenior Business Analyst is responsible for designing solutions and identifying deliverables. Responsible for insuring technical requirements are met as outlined in the scope or statement of work. Responsible for overseeing any design and development related activity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Lead discovery/JAD sessions with internal and external customer to identify business requirements that need to be met by solution.
* Ability to understand the overall demands of a project and design a solution utilizing technologies available to meet those demands.
* Participates in design sessions. Provides recommendations and alternative approaches and solutions.
* Works with team to identify gaps, business requirements gathering, specifications/service requests for technical groups and development efforts estimates (to be provided to PM).
* Responsible for inbound and outbound data interfaces and reports.
* Provides recommendation and guidelines associated with application, technical, database and network architecture.
* Contributes to the Detail Design deliverables.
* Provide guidance and direction to assigned Business Analyst where appropriate
* Documents and clearly communicates the solution designed to internal resources, operations, management and external customers
* Oversees development activities including assigned development staff, testing and quality assurance
* Maintain accurate and timely task updates and estimates back to PM/project plan.
* Performs liaison function between the customer's business side and NFI IT resources
* Degree - BA / BS preferred
* 5+ years of Manhattan (WMS) experience minimum
* Excellent written/verbal communication skills and presentation skills
* Strong interpersonal skills - ability to communicate with a client president
* Oversee system configuration and testing
* MS Office - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Access
* Basic understanding of relational databases, application development, networking, PC hardware and phones
* Travel required - 40% to 50% depending on projects
* Physical Labor Requirements - onsite training & walkthrough in warehouse
Family owned and operated since 1932, NFI Industries is an industry leader in logistics, transportation, and distribution services. We deliver unique and progressive solutions, service, and relationships to each of our clients across the globe.
Are you ready to showcase your skills and get rewarded for your performance? NFI is committed to you!
* Career advancement opportunities
* Entrepreneurial, innovative, energized atmosphere
* Competitive compensation
* Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, prescription, disability, and life insurance coverage
* Paid vacation and holidays
* We invest in you - ongoing training and development