Senior IT Engineer - Oracle Database Administration
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job:
Riverbed is about changing the rules. Forget about how things work today join us as we solve the problems of the future. Riverbed Technology is the leader in application performance infrastructure, delivering the most complete platform for location-independent computing. Location-independent computing turns location and distance into a competitive advantage by giving IT the flexibility to host applications and data in the most optimal locations while ensuring applications perform as expected, data is always available when needed, and performance issues are detected and fixed before end users notice. Riverbed s 24,000+ customers include 97% of the Fortune 100 and 95% of the Forbes Global 100.
The Senior IT Engineer / Oracle Database Administrator reports to the Manager, IT Hosting Platform & Cloud and is directly responsible for implementing and supporting all Riverbed IT Oracle Infrastructure. This role will also serve as a key contributor to the implementation and support of Riverbed internal and Oracle related cloud storage systems and services. This position is focused on internal IT service delivery for Riverbed employees. This position interacts directly with all IT functional areas (e.g. IT Planning & Design, Network & Telecom, Helpdesk/Desktop Support, Security & Compliance and Applications Development & Support). The successful candidate must excel at multi-tasking and have the ability to ramp up quickly in a dynamic, high-tech environment. The candidate will possess in-depth technical skills.
ABOUT THIS POSITION:
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
* 10+ years of experience with Oracle Database Administration, PL/SQL, Backup / Recovery / High-Availability Solution Experience and Performance Tuning.
* Strong Database, application, SQL performance tuning skills with knowledge of Oracle internals.
* Linux / Windows systems administration experience preferred.
* Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards; draft standard operating procedures for execution by support team staff.
* Configuration Management, Database security administration, Database Monitoring, Advanced SQL and instance tuning for medium to large databases, Data Guard implementation and support, implementation of replication, virtualization, and ETL tasks.
* MySQL Database Administration experience is preferred.
* Oracle EBS, OBI, Agile, Golden Gate, Data Warehouse experience is preferred.
* Provide advice and support to development teams.
* Strong shell scripting skills.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to establish a high level of customer trust and confidence.
* Able to work independently, and in groups to achieve project objectives/deliverables.
* Oracle RAC experience is preferred.
* Oracle database version 11g experience preferred.
* Solid written and verbal communication skills.
* Project management experience is preferred.
* The selected candidate will accept other duties as directed by management.
* Location of Position: Sunnyvale, CA or San Francisco, CA
Why Riverbed Technology*
If you re a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion-dollar-plus San Francisco-based company, then you should consider Riverbed. If you want to rapidly develop your career with a company that is also a great place to work, Riverbed should be at the top of your list. Riverbed recently won recognition from two of the most well reputed barometers of the work environment. We are the Glassdoor Employees Choice award winner as one of the top places to work, ranking #17 overall and #9 among technology companies. Additionally, we ve been recognized with a Sloan award for work-life balance, which underscores our core values at Riverbed. If you can add to our collective talent and unique culture, then this job might be right for you!
Additional information about Riverbed is available at www.riverbed.com We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. M/F/D/V/LGBT.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. M/F/D/V/LGBT.