Senior IT Auditor, Global Internal Audit
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
Tempur Sealy International
Perform IT and other internal audits in compliance with the provisions of the Internal Audit Charter, the Internal Audit Plan, The Institute of Internal Auditors' Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, the COSO Internal Control Framework, the COBIT best practices, and as directed by the Internal Audit Director and under the supervision of the Internal Audit Manager.
Essential duties and responsibilities
* Assess the operating effectiveness, efficiency, and accuracy of records for information technology general controls;
* Evaluate the proper design of internal controls to minimize the cost to control and maximize the value of control;
* Audit systems and records of the company, its subsidiaries, and departments and interview management and staff to ensure effective and efficient controls and compliance with applicable agreements, laws and regulations;
* Examine IT department activities for compliance with management plans and policies;
* Inspect information systems and review records pertaining to IT assets, such as equipment and systems, to determine degree to which they are utilized and safeguarded;
* Analyze data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in internal controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, indicators of fraud, or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations, agreements and management policies or procedures;
* Assist internal and external auditors in accessing and analyzing system data and other tasks when needed;
* Assist IT management and staff in reviewing control changes, policies, procedures, and other guidelines prior to implementation to ensure continued compliance and increased efficiency;
* Serve as the system administrator for Internal Audit owned systems when needed;
* Prepare and submit audit findings and make recommendations in a written Internal Audit Report;
* Lead audits and direct and review the work of others in completion of audits;
* Conduct special studies for the Director Internal Audit or Manager Internal Audit such as those required to investigate suspected or known fraud and to develop controls for fraud prevention; and,
* Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor of Science in Information Systems or Accounting is required. Advanced degree in a related field is desired. Three to five years plus experience in IT auditing with an international accounting/auditing firm is required. Additional levels of this position may be established based on years of experience and/or CIA/CA/CPA/CISA/CISSP certifications.
Demonstrated superior reasoning ability at a level that would be required for a successful performance on the CPA, CIA, CISA, or CISSP examinations is required.
Intermediate to advanced level skills with Microsoft Office suite and auditing software is required. Experience using data-mining software, such as Access, Audit Command Language (ACL), and/or Monarch, is required. Experience with auditing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and other financial system software is required.
Certificates, Licenses, or Registrations
Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) required. Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Chartered Accountant (CA) is desired.
Flexibility to travel up to 20% within the US, Europe, and Asia Pacific is required. International audit engagement experience is desired.
Working greater than 40 hours is expected, specifically at times surrounding critical deadlines.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled