Senior IT Manager: QM & Testing Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Boca Raton, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsibilities:The IT Sr. Functional Manager, QM & Testing Services is responsible for leading the implementation of Office Depot's Quality Management and Testing Services strategy, in accordance to the QM Directors' established plans, as provided by executive management. This role requires understanding scope, budget and cross-project dependencies with the ability to adhere and enforce all PMO/SDLC/PLC/QM processes including tool of record (Clarity, TDM and others).
This role requires skills in leadership, planning, coaching, as well as functional and technical subject matter expertise necessary to deliver a world class Quality Management organization that meets both the business and technology needs and expectations. Skills include formal experience with testing tools, platforms, architecture strategy, distributed computing, governance, compliance and systems development within a formal QA organization.
The Sr. IT Function works on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors which requires understanding of the full inventory of OD applications or has experience in an equally complex, enterprise level organization.
This position requires substantial communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact and collaborate with other IT teams including application development, operations, and the PMO office as well as business customers and external vendors at all levels.
Manage and lead the team of QA Analysts and Testers responsible for implementing testing techniques that allow the systems to be validated for accuracy ( Functional, Regression, System Integration, User acceptance and Post Production support) reflecting a quality end state, on a real time basis. Oversee the participation of resources on individual projects across the enterprise.
Provide organizational leadership to multiple small development teams including personnel, technology, vendor and budget management responsibilities
Provide technical and organizational leadership in the design, definition, planning and development of the Office Depot QM TCoE testing strategy, including repeatable solutions patterns.
Work on complex problems of diverse scope in which analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of identifiable factors in an expedient manner.
Participate with other senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives related to the overall delivery of a product or service. Assist in making final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensure operations' effective achievement of objectives
Create and maintain an environment that encourages skill growth, teamwork, and a high level of engagement. Create a team that can affectively lead the QM organization in leveraging technologies to provide business value
Keep abreast of developing and emerging testing tools and technologies and facilitate training and mentoring on these topics to the enterprise. Assist in the definition of the testing career path at Office Depot and mentoring direct reports on the skills required for advancement.
Assist in the definition of the testing career path at Office Depot and mentoring direct reports on the skills required for advancement
Develop and maintain effective working relationships with strategic vendors Qualifications:- B.S Degree in Computer Science or equivalent formal experience
- Minimum of 10 years experience - SDLC, formal QA organization Other Information:- Test Automation & Measurements
- Agile Development
- Quality Metrics Reporting
- ALM V12
- Excellent communication skills (written/verbal)
- Able to make decisions on a timely basis
- Use of Performance Tools within a formal QA organization\
- Team player
- Diligent Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button. Equal Employment Opportunity:Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. .