Senior IT Network Engineer 8/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER.
Join the high performance team at TelNet Worldwide as a Senior NetworkEngineer in their Troy, Michigan location. Your passion for technology, ability to understand and assess new technologies and understand their applicability to business are key. The ideal TelNet Senior NetworkEngineer is a driven individual who gets goose bumps when they hear the word 'telephony' and get giddy with the thought of build-outs and support of network infrastructures on a full time basis. In this role, you are primarily responsible for architecting and implementing Enterprise network solutions within TelNet's Enterprise networks (data centers, central offices, etc.), and for ensuring the stability and performance of the various networks. You will also provide a third-tier level of support for incidents and issues escalated from the NOC. You will have the opportunity to provide technical expertise to the pre-sales and professional services delivery teams for new projects and client onboarding.
PROVIDE OPERATIONAL SUPPORT
* Troubleshoot complex network/server issues, determine/document root cause, implement solutions.
* Develop and deploy solutions for new and existing products, sites, and/or systems.
* Proactively identify and remedy risks within the TelNet environment.
* Design, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot monitoring tools and solutions.
* Onboard new clients and manage portions of the onboarding process, when required.
* Maintain systems devices; handle configuration and patch management; manage/maintain applicably server applications.
SOLIDIFY CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS
* Take ownership for client experience; guarantee SLAs are met; ensure customers are satisfied.
* Ensure client documentation is complete, accurate, and up-to-date.
* Identify and recommend improvements to customer systems; look for ways to improve continuous service delivery.
* Interpret metrics and explain technology concepts to customers in a way that is meaningful and valuable to their business.
REVIEW STANDARDS AND CONDUCT RESEARCH
* Develop and document systems standards.
* Research and recommend new systems, technologies, tools, and platforms.
* Develop processes and documentation for other engineers and NOC personnel.
* Automate systems maintenance/operational tasks; identify process improvements to increase efficiency or reduce risk.
* Receive escalations from other levels, and work escalated issues in tandem when possible. Escalate to additional resources when appropriate and/or paid support assets.
* Delegate tasks when appropriate to improve efficiency and offer growth opportunities for other team members.
* Cross-train with other engineers and provide cross-training opportunities; mentor junior engineers and analysts.
IMPROVE CLIENT EXPERIENCE
* Identify opportunities outside the scope of an existing engagement, such as a project or additional service to manage.
* Engage with Sales and Sales Engineering to provide pre-sales technical expertise.
COMPENSATION. $85,000 - $100,000 annually based on your experience.
BENEFITS. TelNet Worldwide places great value in the Senior NetworkEngineer by offering a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, prescription drug, vision coverage and flexible spending account; paid holidays and paid time off; 401K retirement plan; long-term disability insurance, life tuition reimbursement and training/certification programs.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL.
* 4years of senior level Engineering experience in telecommunications voice and data services and/or related industry.
* Degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems or a technically related field, desired.
* Hardware: Cisco, Force 10, Juniper, GenBand, Fuji, Adtran
* Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, UNIX, Solaris
* Protocols: RTP, OSI, SS7 gateway, SIP, MC-LAG, DNS, VPN, CoS/QoS, BGP
* Technical Certificationsdesired, but notrequired:
* CCIE -Certified Internetwork Expert
* CCNA/CCNP - Network Operations Certification
* CCDE - Certified Design Expert
* JUNOS Certifications -MX Series, QFX Series
* VMWare Knowledge
* IP Telephony (VoIP technologies and systems; SIP call setup and management protocol).
* Understanding and experience integrating services in and with 'the Cloud'.
* Excellent time management, organization, decision making, problem solving and communication skills.
* Ability to be in the office daily, and work remotely after hours, during planned and emergency maintenance windows.
* Great attention to detail; ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work with end users to meet appropriate deadlines.
* Knowledge of MS Office Suite programs, and MIS programs.
* Unrestricted right to work in the United States, required.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.