Senior IT Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: Project Manager Technical Lead (Job # 17-006)
LOCATION: Boston, MA 02108
DURATION: 12+ months (Strong possibility for an extension)
* Lead a high priority project through the full lifecycle of a project using SCRUM/Agile methodologies.
* Delivering project results predictably, on time and on budget.
* Providing regular project progress measures and status reporting.
* Mentoring others in project management and offers various problem-solving tools to guide people, processes and outcomes
* Manage the successful execution of IT projects impacting thousands of operations personnel
* Interface, on a daily basis, with business leaders, individual contributors and a variety of IT personnel to ensure proper scope, resource allocation and dependencies are being addressed
* Coach and lead cross-functional project teams made up of internal and vendor IT resources
* Oversees the evaluation of business and system requirements (user stories) and project related research on business and technical trends and dependencies
* Ability to understand and effectively communicate business and technical objectives as they relate to project goals
* Conduct project and iteration planning to deliver high-value solutions incrementally
* Estimate projects using multiple techniques to arrive at realistic schedules
* Oversee timely execution of work effort from project team
* Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones and required tasks, providing early visibility to schedules/milestones that are at risk
* Independently manage day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple work streams with the project
* Leads project meetings and coordinates and facilitates communications with management and across teams
* Manage project budget, scope and internal customer expectations
* Manage changes during and after project implementation
* Collect and analyze metrics to enable and lead continuous improvement of processes
* 7-10 years of progressive experience as a Project Manager on projects where Information Technology was a primary component
* Formal traditional and/or agile project management experience and expertise
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or relevant work experience
* Ability to work collaboratively with business and IT professionals
* Ability to communicate clearly, confidently and effectively, both verbally and in writing
* Ability to facilitate meetings and workshops in person and remotely
* Ability to think and act analytically and strategically, solve problems and recommend approaches and solutions
* Ability to act in a proactive and consultative manner with business partners
* Ability to think creatively and to inspire others to do so as well
* Experience in IT Operations, ITIL and/or ITSM processes and methodologies
* Experience mentoring and coaching with practical experience coaching projects on agile adoption and implementation
* Experience in client-facing roles and relationship building to develop a strong understanding of the business