Senior Implementation Manager - Workday and HR Services Implementations ( Virtual )
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
AON IS LOOKING FOR A SENIOR IMPLEMENTATION MANAGER
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of Aon Hewitt.
YOUR IMPACT AS A SENIOR IMPLEMENTATION MANAGER
* Manages HR services implementation program efforts from Initiation through Deployment including Cloud Deployment Solutions.
* Responsible for the delivery of all components of implementation work (including process, data, and system development) to plan (financial and schedule) and must ensure strong integration across domains as well as with supporting teams.
* Leads the project governance and overall program planning efforts for the implementation.
* Works with the client and Account Team to establish program leadership forums, tracking tools, and change order procedures.
* Sets up and maintains (directly or indirectly) the integrated program plan and other program management tools including critical path views, risk logs, status reports, and overall progress metrics and related presentations.
* Ensures effective transition to the Ongoing team.
* Provides leadership and management support to associates working on the project whether situated locally or virtually.
* Primary escalation point for Project Managers and other team members who need assistance resolving delivery issues.Interfaces extensively with the clients project leadership team to facilitate overall integration and to build an effective partnership.
* Participates in the Account Team for the project along with the Account Executive, IT and the Program Manager.
* Works with the other members of the Account Team to provide progress updates to the client, the project team, Steering Committees, and other interested parties.
* As needed, participates in sales and due diligence efforts.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* 11-20 years of management experience.
* Strong communication skills. Provides information to others both internal and external to the organization; represents the organization to customers and other external sources.
* Strong interpersonal skills to support team building: Builds mutual trust and encourages respect and cooperation among team members.
* Strong ability to advocate a creative atmosphere, facilitate entrepreneurial meetings, and envision a final product and overall market acceptance early in the design and/or development process.
* Strong ability to develop cooperative relationships to achieve results through a win-win relationship.
* Strong ability to engage others in the attainment of the vision for the future. Influences others by enthusiastically sharing the future vision as a means for them to attain their goals.
* Strong ability to establish alliances with other departments and organizations by recognizing dependencies in order to assess potential partnership and commitment to the program.
* Strong awareness of cultural diversity and can embrace and capitalize those differences; applies knowledge in decision-making process.
* Endorse change, sponsor change initiatives and search for others organizations* best practices to adopt or modify change.
* Strong ability to identify project risks by defining risk strategies and developing the risk management plan in order to reduce uncertainty throughout the project lifecycle.
* Ability to begin to support account/portfolio managers through the program selection, performance reporting, and management processes.
* Very strong experience with MS Project as the primary tool for day-to-day management including WBS, usage of predecessor relationships across tasks in well-formed plan, resourcing, and cost baseline variances.
Physical Work Conditions
* Virtual, or office work environment.
* % travel dependent on project assignment/client location; plan for 75% on average.
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent years of industry experience preferred.
* Project Management Professional (PMP)
WE OFFER YOU
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
OUR COLLEAGUE EXPERIENCE:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2421617
CATEGORY: Operations and Tech Services Group
LOCATION: United States, IL, Virtual