Senior Implementation Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Redwood City, CA
* Manage implementation projects from deal close through development and into production. This includes understanding the deal framework well enough to enable systemrequirement definition and product gap identification with an eye to a quick transition to revenue generation.
* Work with and provide leadership for the sales team, scientists, engineers and contractors working through development, deployment, customer acceptance and project completion.
* Work with a multi-disciplinary support team and across business areas toward successful customer onboarding. Provide leadership and problem solving for the customer support, content and software development teams to this end.
* Provide expertise in project planning and timeline development & management. Develop a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of project following a logical pattern for utilization of resources.
* Track and control progress, schedule and associated costs to achieve completion of project within time and budget. Coordinate work of multi-site teams and contractors working on various phases of the project.
* Review all designs and validations to make sure that both contractual and customer expectations are managed to successful project completion.
* Manage project risks, define mitigation plans, and report to stakeholders and upper management about progress and any necessary modifications of plans required.
* A passionate self-starter who is an organized project driver with a combination of business and technical knowledge who has a proven ability to kick-start new projects and see them through to successful completion.
* Strong customer success orientation with great internal and external communication skills.
* A strong project leader who is execution oriented, results driven, detailed, follows through, and has an ability to work effectively at all levels within the organization, customers and partners.
* Experience managing several projects and priorities
* Highly effective organization, negotiation, coordination, and presentation skills
* Ability to communicate effectively over the phone, online, and in person working with both technical and non-technical personnel
* Strong meeting facilitation skills
* Experience writing scope statements
* Previous experience successfully managing complex software implementation / integration projects
* Understanding of the molecular diagnostics marketplace, next generation sequencing (NGS) and/or bioinformatics
* Very desirable to have an understanding system integration technologies, APIs and workflow / LIMS systems
* Technical / Scientific PhD or MS degree with track-record of project management success
_We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class._