Senior Implementation Scientist 8/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Senior Implementation Scientist
Washington, DC;Waltham, MA;RTP, NC;Seattle
Return to Previous Page
RTI International has an immediate opening for a Senior Implementation Scientist within its Social Policy, Health and Economics Research Unit. This individual will be tasked with applying implementation science methods to the design and execution of research and evaluation projects tasks encompassing health, healthcare, and social welfare. The position can be located in Research Triangle Park NC, Washington DC, Waltham, MA, or Seattle, WA.
* Serve as Project Director or Principal investigator medium to large-scale studies.
* Conduct and supervise research including overseeing study design, data collection, data analysis and reporting.
* Manage research budgets, contracts and subcontracts
* Manage staff capacity and performance
* Serve as the principal point of contact with clients
* Lead proposals and grant applications; provide input on sections with high technical complexity requiring application of relevant implementation science theories, frameworks and methodologies
* Increase scientific stature in the area of implementation science by publishing papers to peer-reviewed journals, participating in professional meetings and associations
* Participate and contribute to staff professional development in the area of implementation science methods
* Coordinate cross-institute initiatives and external collaborations in the area of implementation science
* PhD in public health, healthcare administration and management, health services research, organizational sociology or related field and a minimum of 10 years of applied research experience in implementation science in the healthcare, public health, or social service sector
* Demonstrated expertise in advanced research methods, including mixed methods
* Proven ability to lead multi-stakeholder initiatives and collaborations.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to produce clear, concise reports and presentations about data and complex issues and the ability to communicate with government officials and clients
* Demonstrated scientific stature in peer-review publications and service to professional organizations.
* Experience in mentoring trainees and other staff
* Ability to meet frequent, multiple and tight deadlines
* Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team
* Proven ability to lead medium to large sized projects
* Ability to travel within the U.S and internationally.
* Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
* In addition, a record of securing contracts valued at $500,000 or higher or similarly valued grant funding from state or federal agencies (e.g., DHHS, AHRQ, NIH, CMS, CDC, SAMHSA, HRSA, VA, DOD), PCORI, or foundations is preferred.
RTI International is one of the world's leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 4000 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available here.
RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program. Further information regarding the E-Verify program and laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be found at www.rti.org/jobs
Return to Previous Page