Senior Industrial Designer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 12/27/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Position: Senior Industrial Designer
Division: Hand Tools & Storage | Industrial Design
Location: Southington, CT
Who is Stanley Black & Decker*
We are the leader in tools and security. We are Stanley Tools. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Vidmar. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the lock and deadbolt on your front door. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No matter where you live, what car you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work. And you can guarantee that we ll keep making it work.
Within the Hand Tools & Storage division of Stanley Black & Decker we are currently looking for a Senior Industrial Designer to join our Industrial Design Team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on multiple brands for a variety of markets globally.
The Senior Industrial Designer be responsible for leading the conception and development of new product designs through innovative and engaging designs. This position works closely with multiple teams to define and develop new products, and insures the integrity of the design.
This position requires strong project management skills and the ability to effectively work with others across the organization including: product managers, brand marketing, IT, engineering and customer service. Ideal candidates should be self-motivated individuals that have a strong understanding of design principles, and excellent sketching and visualizing skills.
* Interpret specifications, design ideas, and mechanical concepts
* Assist in the Engineers in solving design problems relating to the user experience, usability, and appearance
* Present ideation and concepts to internal staff as well as external clients.
* Interpret specifications, design ideas, mechanical concepts from Engineers, Product Managers, and other stakeholders into 2 or 3 dimensional concepts
* Evaluate designs and make recommendations for improvements to designs to improve product quality and overall industrial design
* Develop 3D surface files to transfer to mechanical engineering
* Understand, and design for manufacturing processes.
* BS or BFA in Industrial Design
* Minimum of 5 years of professional experience.
* Intimate knowledge of production processes and materials.
* Proficient in surface modeling/parametric modeling for manufacturing.
* Strong understanding and experience in implementing and creating sketches, storyboards, models, and prototypes.
* Demonstrates the ability to lead complex programs collaborating with internal and external global teams.
* Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively lead/facilitate teams.
* A proven track record of designing challenging and innovative consumer products.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Experience using various computer applications including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and other applications in the Microsoft Office Suite.
* Must have a can-do attitude the desire to go above and beyond in all you do!
* Consumer Products Experience
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.