Senior Infrastructure Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Tinley Park, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONPrestigious Manufacturing Company is seeking an Infrastructure Manager. The Candidate will plan, organize, and manage infrastructure staff and overall operations to ensure the stable operation of the organization's Information Systems infrastructure. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, server infrastructure, data communications, and telecommunication systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
* Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all infrastructure systems, including WAN, LANs, MPLS, Internet, intranet, security, and wireless implementations.
* Design and implement short and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
* Provide regular assessments of COMPANY's Technical Infrastructure. Develop business cases for needed infrastructure investments.
* Develop process and strategy to support organizational IT Help Desk. Ensure there is a monthly metric that measures number of requests, response time, closure time, customer satisfaction, and repeat issues.
* Conduct feasibility studies for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions.
* Prepare RFPs, contracts, scope of work reports, including cost-benefit and return in investment analysis for proposed infrastructure projects and associated efforts.
* Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration.
* Define, recommend, and implement hardware and software standards.
* Test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining and improving network infrastructure.
* Test server performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining and improving server infrastructure.
* Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all infrastructure procurement and development efforts.
* Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure infrastructure-specific products and services.
* Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization's executives, decision-makers, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent infrastructure activities.
* Assist with the planning and deployment of infrastructure security measures.
* Responsible for asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation.
* Develop, maintain, and manage department expense and capital budget.
* Cross-train with IS Manager to ensure there is solid cross-functional vision of IS and IT strategies and general support.
* Must be willing to travel to COMPANY facilities to meet with the Plant leadership team to understand current IT challenges and make improvement recommendations.
Directly supervises the IS technical staff Team Members. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Bachelordegree (B.S.) from an accredited four-year college or university; and four plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Microsoft Certified NetworkEngineer.
* Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, WLAN, MPLS design and implementation.
* Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
* Excellent knowledge of telephone systems, Avaya is a plus.
* Hands-on experience in troubleshooting network hardware, including servers, switches, and routers.
* Knowledge of current routing protocols and network standards.
* Strong hands technical knowledge of core Microsoft technologies including Active Directory, MS Exchange, Virtualization, as well as implementing high-availability systems and developing business continuity plans.
* Experience with ERP, SQL, and Cloud services is a plus