This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 2/18/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, weve been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But were always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, its vital that we have talented Installation and Service Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact.
About the role:
* Installer IV Employees are responsible for the execution of the installation project plan including equipment delivery and interface with other trades to successfully complete projects while exceeding customer's expectations.
* Applies specialized functional area skills and basic knowledge including underlying professional/technical principles or standards.
* Applies judgment based on practice and precedence.
* Frequently resolves problems through research of multiple alternatives.
* May allocate work as a team leader or check on completion or quality.
* Demonstrate supervisory/leadership abilities to include training, team building, and negotiation skills, district administration and effective interaction with customers.
* Perform and/or support the installation of fire related and/or other building systems products.
* Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, software/systems programs, schematics and operational product manuals.
* Identify out of scope requests by the contractor or customer and be able to follow it up with RFIs with suggested solutions.
* Assist customers with all questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
* Ability to effectively communicate project status to management.
* Complete all appropriate Company paperwork as required.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR:
* High School Diploma or GED.
* Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
* Knowledge to meet with code officials to arrange for personnel licensing, building permits and to discuss the intended wiring methods
* Experience in meeting with contractors and owners
* Knowledge to coordinate the project activities with other trades at the work locations to optimize installation time
* Must be proficient in the use and application of industry related equipment including MS Office.
* Industry related NICET Certification as required.
* Obtain any necessary Certifications or Licenses as required.
* Must have excellent communications skills, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers.
* Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing a ladder, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 60 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
* Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools as required.
Rewards and benefits:
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.