Senior Instructional Designer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Senior Instructional Designer
HUMAN RESOURCES | PORTLAND, OR, UNITED STATES
Ecova--Making a World of Difference
At Ecova, we believe each individual, no matter the role, can make a difference for our clients, the environment and for themselves. Ecova is built on a strong foundation of integrity, community, leadership, persistence and urgency.
Our highest goal is to be the market leading, trusted advisor to organizations driven to maximize results, reduce expenses, manage risk and improve environmental performance. Our focus is to grow results on saving resources for our clients from utilities to facilities. We apply data-driven insights from demand to impact to target inefficiencies and See More, Save More and Sustain More for our clients.
We strive to deliver results and innovation through efforts of our unparalleled people to each and every client with whom we engage. We re on the look-out for team players to work with us in serving as an integral extension of our clients to measure, analyze and improve resource management. Come join the Ecova family together we can Make a World of Difference.
At Ecova we believe that agile and lifelong learning is required to create an agile, innovative and responsive organization capable of leading globally in our industry. We understand that the performance of the organization is a direct result of the performance of our people.
The Sr. Learning Architect/Lead Instructional Designer will work as a member of our dynamic, creative and collaborative Talent Development team and serves as the chief architect for L & D across Ecova responsible for creating the scaffolding, design, approaches, methods and tools required to enable an adaptive learning organization.
This role will also serve as the team lead for the L & D function within HR and will guide corporate-wide approaches to instructional design, curriculum development, course design and authoring, LMS use and L & D reporting.
Will work to support Ecova s growth, culture, mission and strategic priorities through the learning and development function. Will work at a high professional level to maintain positive relations and deliver services to geographically distributed team members and internal customers.
* Curriculum Development and Program Management
* Serves as the Technical Team Lead of the learning and development function within Human Resources, as part of the larger Talent Management & Organizational Performance Department
* Leads through influence and collaboration across all parts of the organization to enable the learning & development function.
* Conducts enterprise-wide needs assessments in order to advise and architect appropriate learning structure, systems and interventions for Ecova, to serve the learning needs of a global workforce.
* Responsible for creating and building the platforms, approaches and methodologies for learning at Ecova
* Oversees the design, development and implementation of multiple curriculum to support leadership and employee onboarding and development, providing lead instructional design and guidance to other training professionals
* Responsible for mapping curriculum and courses across the organization
* Oversees the creation and maintenance of an annual, corporate-wide Curriculum Catalog.
* Manages the Learning Management System (LMS) for Ecova, and is responsible for connecting Ecova s learning platforms to those of our parent company, ENGIE ; establishes and ensures the tracking and reporting of all learning engagements across Ecova
* Responsible for creating the avenues to connect leaders and employees to learning engagements that are either required for or supportive of their professional learning and advancement
* Advises, coaches and partners with technical training managers and subject-matter-experts across Ecova to ensure all training units are uniformly and consistently designing, developing, branding and deploying learning using a common approach, style and language.
* Coaches, consults and collaborates with HR Business Partners, SMEs and functional leaders to identify learning needs for leaders and employees and to develop learning solutions and content to support business and learner needs.
* Coaches other learning and development team members in standards for instructional design, writing course objectives, branding, use of course authoring tools, instructional media design, and innovative approaches to create optimal learning experiences in the classroom and using elearning technology
* Contributes at a high level to the thought leadership of training professionals and HR on the application of theory and sound practices in ISD, adult learning, training and leadership development
* Designs appropriate course and learner evaluation methods and identifies appropriate evaluation tools to be used corporate-wide
* Conducts an enterprise-wide annual report of Learning & Development, with quarterly report-outs to Corporate Responsibility
* Personal and Professional Development
* Models commitment to continuous learning through ongoing self-development both for personal growth, and to leverage emerging best practices and technology in employee development programs.
* Keeps pulse on industry trends in learning & development and instructional design; provides analysis and recommendations to the business to ensure current, appropriate corporate-wide approaches, systems and tools for learning
* Bachelor's degree in Adult learning, Instructional Design/Technology, Organization Development, HR or other behavioral sciences with 10+ years of experience designing corporate-wide learning engagements, developing curriculum for adult learners, implementing and managing training programs
* 3 + years experience working within and serving as an administrator of an Learning Management System (LMS)
* Experience working with and designing blended learning solutions for remote learners and subject-matter-experts who are not co-located
* Highly Preferred
* Master s Degree in Instructional Design, Education, Training, Learning & Development or related field + 7 10 years experience designing learning engagements, developing curriculum, and managing learning systems;
* 3 + years experience leading a team of learning professionals
* Advanced professional certifications in training, OD, L & D, and Coaching through organizations such as ATD, SHRM, accredited academic institutions or other reputable entities
* Experience working for a nation-wide or global company in the learning & development function
* Demonstrated ability to conduct thorough needs assessments and recommend appropriate solutions for learning
* Demonstrated success in designing and launching blended learning solutions, including use of HTML5 course authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline, Brainshark, Adobe Captivate 9, Camtasia Studio 8 or others
* Proven ability to build creative instructional design materials, including Participant Guides, Facilitator Guides, and visual and classroom support materials that reflect the principals of adult learning theory, strong technical writing skills and attention to learning style differences
* Proven adaptability and flexibility with strong self-motivation
* Strong communication, presentation, group facilitation skills
* Expertise in and demonstrated use of the ADDIE model
* Strong understanding of adult learning theory and sound instructional design methods
* Proven knowledge and use of LMS platforms, functionality, administration, reporting and course authoring tools;
* Appropriate use of wikis, blogs, and other tools and technology to support eLearning and engage remote learners
* Collaboration: Proven ability to collaborate with team members, stakeholders and subject-matter-experts at all-levels of the organization in the