Senior Insurance Risk Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Enable Midstream Energy Partners
Oklahoma City, OK
JOB DESCRIPTIONSummary: This position is responsible for planning, implementing and administering corporate claims process to maximize recovery, facilitating renewal and administering corporate insurance programs and managing surety bond portfolio. Assists the risk management team in identifying both internal and external exposures to loss, assisting in the selection and implementation of loss prevention and reduction methods, and monitoring results to improve future effectiveness. Provides reports detailing claim trends and cost of claims to line and senior management to assist with developing and administering a risk management program to protect the company s assets from the risks of financial loss.
This position utilizes comprehensive knowledge in area of specialization to provide solutions to a wide range of difficult and complex problems. The solutions provided are imaginative, thorough, practical and consistent with the objectives of the organization. This position works independently under only general direction. May train and mentor less experienced professionals.
* Coordinate claims management and recovery with operations groups and correspond with employees, claimants, insurers, third party administrators (TPA), brokers, attorneys, etc. to gather information to support claim.
* Review EHS incident reports to determine which primary carrier/TPA to report notice of claim and, based on type and severity of claim, which excess carriers to report notice of claim.
* Monthly analysis of carrier/TPA loss runs, incurred losses and reserves and communication of material reserves to the accounting department on a quarterly or, as needed, basis.
* Provide claims analysis, consultation, and decision support to senior management, managers, and supervisors.
* Prepare management reports detailing claim trends and the total cost of claims within the deductible/self-insured retention.
* Communicate, advise and translate the impact of risk to the business units.
* Manage the surety bond portfolio for the Company, obtain new bonds in a timely manner and routinely follow up for potential cancellation of existing bonds.
* Facilitate placement of company s insurance programs by gathering underwriting information from internal and external sources and completing renewal applications.
* Develop and maintain relationships with current and prospective insurance brokers and domestic and international underwriters.
* Manage certificate of insurance requests from third party companies and review certificates of insurance required of vendors and suppliers for compliance.
* Review and make recommendations for insurance requirements in various type of contracts.
* Establish reports and procedures to ensure compliance with insurance policies are measured and monitored.
* Maintain awareness of company and subsidiary developments which could possibly increase the risk of loss, such as acquisitions, expansion of existing facilities, and implementation of revised procedures or new equipment.
* Support the short- and long-range risk management and corporate insurance objectives and plans.
* Bachelor s Degree or equivalent experience.
* Five (5) years related experience.
* Experience in a corporate insurance group.
* Valid State Driver s License.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Certifications:
* Solid understanding of risk management and corporate insurance policies, procedures, best practices, trends, and strategies
* Knowledge of energy industry is a plus, particularly midstream industry and processes
* Ability to lead the company s claim process in a consistent and efficient manner to bring claims to closure
* Ability to document and communicate items, including claim settlement recommendations, to Management and follow up until claim resolution
* Solid communication skills for presentations and training to various audiences, including senior management, managers, supervisors and external parties
* Ability to successfully enforce policy while maintaining a positive working environment with company personnel
* Excellent planning and organizing skills
* Excellent attention to detail
* Ability to effectively lead complex initiatives and resolve complex issues
* Ability to facilitate progressive change
* Associate in Risk Management (ARM)
* Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU)
* Able to operate a personal computer, either desktop or laptop
* Able to operate a copy machine, fax machine, calculator, telephone, and other office equipment
* Must be able to bend and stoop
* Able to sit and view a personal computer display for long periods of time
* Able to lift, carry, move, push, pull 10 pounds occasionally
* Able to work in fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
* Able to work indoors, in an office environment, regardless of whether cubicle, open office or private office.
* Subject to normal office noise levels.
* Able to travel on occasion to other company offices, field locations or to broker/underwriter offices. Occasional international travel may be required.
* May periodically require work outside of normal business hours, including weekends and holidays, under sometimes stressful conditions in order to meet business needs and strict deadlines.
Nearest Major Market: Oklahoma City
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma
Job Segment: Risk Management, Loss Prevention, Finance, Security