Senior Interior Designer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Perkins + Will
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
lang=\\"en\\" dir=\\"ltr\\" prefix=\\"content: http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/ dc: http://purl.org/dc/terms/ foaf: http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/ og: http://ogp.me/ns# rdfs: http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema# sioc: http://rdfs.org/sioc/ns# sioct: http://rdfs.org/sioc/types# skos: http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core# xsd: http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#\\"
Senior Interior Designer
Our Boston office is looking for a talented individual to join our growing team as a Sr. Interior Designer.
Are you committed to design excellence*
Do you have a passion for business development*
Do you have a strong Corporate Interiors (CI) portfolio*
Do you thrive in an environment of collaboration*
Do you have a passion for sustainability*
Do you show a high degree of imagination and exhibit a true entrepreneurial spirit*
If yes, will you join us in changing the world through design*
We are looking for a strong CI Interior Designer with excellent creative skills, a holistic understanding of architecture projects and a drive for design innovation. You will have the primary responsibility for planning, development and execution of technical
documentation, including organizing project team activities. Have direct responsibility for design, translating client requirements to design criteria from conceptual design through installation. Provides design direction to project teams and mentors junior
designers under the direction of the Design Principal.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Interprets and evaluates client requirements.
* Develops and coordinates detailed design concepts with ability to develop functional requirements and project-design criteria.
* Demonstrates understanding of the architectural design process and integration of interior design concepts/ with ability to develop design element components.
* Coordinates integration of basic engineering systems into the overall project design.
* Responds to technical implications of design decisions.
* Facilitates firm and project goals of excellence in design, execution, and sustainability.
* Assists with design and technical coordination among disciplines (architecture, branded environments, planning and strategies)
* Prepares reports and specifications; including review of reports, plans, cost estimates and calculations.
* Implements code, accessibility and zoning analyses.
* Performs tasks according to Perkins+Will Project Delivery Manual.
* Participates in marketing efforts and may lead design presentations to prospective clients.
* Directs, organizes and mentors junior staff with responsibility oversight of their activities.
* Professional Degree in Interior Design, Architecture or related discipline
* 8 - 10 years
* Strong design portfolio
* Experience in all phases and aspects of a project including programming and planning
* Strong competency in interior design specifications, calculations and industry standards, and application of building codes and specifications
* Strong Revit, CAD, graphic design, and 3D modeling and visualization software
* Strong sketching, graphic and computer skills
* Ability to direct and coordinate work efforts of junior staff
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Collaborative and professional work ethic
* LEED AP or within 6 months of hire
Perkins+Will is an interdisciplinary, research-based architecture and design firm established in 1935. With hundreds of award-winning projects annually, Perkins+Will is ranked as one of the top global design firms. Additionally, Perkins+Will is recognized as
one of the industry s preeminent sustainable design firms due to its innovative research, design tools, and expertise. To learn more, visit www.perkinswill.com.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a resume and work samples by clicking 'Apply On-line' below. Include your resume and a compact, representative sample of your work (no larger than 4MB).
Perkins+Will is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer and is dedicated to providing employment and promotional opportunities based on individual merit. Qualified minorities, females, disabled individuals, and veterans are encouraged to apply.