Senior Internal Auditor 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE: Senior Internal Auditor
LOCATION: Calhoun, GA 90701
DURATION: Full Time Permanent
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Plans the theory and scopes of audits and prepares the audit program.
* Supervises the audit and assigns project tasks to staff auditors who perform analysis, critiques and evaluations to determine legal, contractual and financial compliance in the audit area.
* Reviews documentation, results and conclusions of tasks performed by staff auditors ensuring the success and professional standards of the assignment, and the on-going professional development of the individuals involved.
* Evaluates the adequacy of internal controls and compliance with company policies and procedures by conducting interviews with all levels of personnel, examining transactions, documents, records and reports, and observing procedures.
* Identifies and defines issues and reviews and analyzes evidence.
* Prepares working papers, which record and summarize data on the assigned audit segment, in accordance with professional standards.
* Assists in recommendations based on independent judgment of corrective action and suggested improvements to operations and reductions in cost.
* Writes and reviews audit reports for distribution to management and senior management documenting the results of the audit.
* Proactively develops staff through meaningful on-the-job training and prepares evaluations for staff performance on the assignment.
* Develops and maintains productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
* Pursues and is responsible for assuring compliance with the department's annual requirements of professional development through external and internal training and professional association memberships.
* Represents internal audit on organizational project teams, at management meetings and with external organizations.
* On rare occasions may be required to provide testimony to courts on criminal matters.
* Adheres to all organizational and professional ethical standards.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager - Internal Audit and/or Vice-President - Internal Audit.
* 5-7 Years of Internal Audit experience.
* BS or BA degree in Accounting, Finance or Business with emphasis in accounting desirable and five years of full-time experience in auditing, accounting or business analysis.
* A graduate degree in business or a professional certification such as CPA, CIA, or CISA may each substitute for one year of required experience with a maximum substitution of two years.
* If professional certification has not been attained, active pursuit of CPA, CIA, or CISA certification with completion within one year of employment in "senior internal auditor" class.