Senior Internal Auditor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/5/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThis role conduct audits and internal controls testing at various locations as well as corporate departments. Some travelrequired.
RANGE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Performs a variety of professional internal auditing work. Work involves leading or conducting operational, financial, and compliance audits; providing consulting services to management and staff; and providing input to development of the quarterly audit plans. Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards. Works independently under general supervision with considerable latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
OTHER ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Responsible for completing scheduled audits on the audit plan
* Develops audit work programs in alignment with the scope set forth by the Director of Internal Audit
* Supervises staff auditors on audit engagements and effectively delegates responsibility
* Performs audit procedures, including auditee interviews, process documentation, identification of risks and controls, and test plan development
* Ensures the quality of all work and reviews all work performed by the staff
* Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed
* Communicates or assists in communicating the results of audit engagements via written reports and oral presentations to management
* Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships
* Maintains independence and objectivity
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, certification as a CIA, CPA, and/or CISA, and 3-5 years of full-time experience in auditing, accounting, business analysis, and/or program evaluation
* A graduatedegree in business administration, public administration or a related field, or a second certification (e.g. CIA, CPA, CFE or CISA) may each substitute for one year of required experience (for a maximum substitution of two years)
* Two years supervisory or project management experience
MUST ALSO HAVE THE FOLLOWING DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Considerable knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices
* Understanding of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors, and the COSO 2013 Framework
* Knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts and practices and knowledge of information technology general controls
* Skill in conducting quality control reviews of audit work products
* Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions
* Considerable skill in management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines
* Skill in negotiating and resolving issues
* Considerable skill in using a computer with word processing, spreadsheet, and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries, and analyses.
Effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations