Senior Internal Auditor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Financial Services Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client, a large publicly-traded financial services company located in Irving, TX, is seeking a SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR to join their growing team! This company offers competitive compensation, a real work/life balance, professional training opportunities for personal development, and the opportunity to examine, understand, and impact the organization at many different levels.
As an Internal Auditor, you will partner with a variety of business units and functions to assess key operational and financial risks, identify the system of controls in place to mitigate those risks, and test those controls to evaluate adequacy and effectiveness.
Internal Auditors have the unique opportunity of exposure to a wide variety of business functions at the company. This exposure allows the successful auditor to positively impact results at many levels. Experienced Internal Auditors add value to the organization through an understanding of interlinked business functions including how those functions coordinate to achieve company goals and objectives. This developed understanding and knowledge of company operations enhances the ability to identify and address issues for the company.
* Communicate effectively and frequently with audit clients to ensure understanding and comfort with the audit process and ongoing project status.
* Conduct meetings and process walkthroughs with audit clients to develop an understanding of the business processes and responsibilities.
* Perform research to identify relevant business policies, regulatory requirements, etc. impacting the audited business unit or function.
* Prepare a Risk Assessment to detail the risk and control structure of the audited business unit or function.
* Develop and execute a test plan designed to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of controls to mitigate the identified risks.
* Prepare concise and well organized workpapers to support audit work performed and conclusions reached in accordance with generally accepted audit standards.
* Communicate audit results, identified issues and improvement opportunities to management.
* Evaluate management's action plans to address the identified issues.
* Prepare Audit Reports to highlight audit issues and distribute the reports to multiple levels of management.
* Develop ability to complete quality audit work in a timely manner and in accordance with assigned time budgets for audit assignments.
* Understand and abide by the International Professional Practices Framework for Internal Audit.
* Maintain and increase professional competence through continued professional education.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong analytical, deductive, and problem solving skills.
* Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
* Ability to meet commitments, deadlines, and schedules.
* Ability to use technology to improve effectiveness and quickly complete work objectives.
* Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments or projects simultaneously.
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or other relevant field.
* CPA or CIA preferred, but not required.
* 2+ years Internal Audit experience in a large corporation, or 2+ years in public accounting is preferred.
* Business Travel - typically 15% or less.