Senior Internal Auditor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOBHAM is seeking a SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR that will be a key member of the Internal Audit Group. The CAES Internal Audit function performs independent, objective assurance and consulting activities designed to add value and improve operations. This position reports to the CAES Director of Internal Audit & Assurance. This position is located in Lansdale, PA.
* Perform Internal Audit reviews to evaluate compliance with Cobham policies, statutory legislation and sound business practices, communicating findings to Business Unit and Sector Management.
* Support the development of tactical and strategic responses to observed findings noted in internal audit procedures.
* Identify opportunities to improve operational activities, and make recommendations to Business Unit and Sector Management to design those changes.
* Deliver Internal Audit results to the Director of Internal Audit & Assurance for inclusion in reporting to CAES Holdings Inc. Board.
* Ability to travel 50%.
* Advanced internal auditexperience covering finance, controls and performance but also wider business processes, e.g. USG compliance, program management and IT related issues.
* Combines experience, intuition and strategic thinking to make considered judgments about the business operations and actionable suggestions for improvement.
* Confirms that people processes to include performance management, are followed.
* Appreciates the impact of business risk.
* Has a high level of gravitas and commands respect.
* Ability to evaluate conditions and propose actionable recommendations.
* Has broad business awareness enabling an appropriate contribution at the executive level.
* Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Business.
* Experience in USG Compliance.
* Six (6) plus years' experience in Accounting / Finance role involving audit of public entities.
* Experience with internal and/or external audit within US Government contracting industry.
* Experience with IT/ Integrated Financial Systems Audits
* Experience interfacing with all levels of the organization and providing valuable insight and advice to colleagues performing functional activities through to the executive management team.
* Experience of recommending process improvements within a business.
* In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
* DOD Clearance
* MBA or Masters in Accounting/ Auditing
* Experience within an engineering / manufacturing company.
COBHAM\'S values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future innovators like you.
COBHAM is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust COBHAM to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
_COBHAM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND EMBRACES DIVERSITY IN OUR EMPLOYEE POPULATION. IT IS THE POLICY OF COBHAM TO PROVIDE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR GENETIC INFORMATION. COBHAM WILL REFRAIN FROM DISCHARGING, OR OTHERWISE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST, EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS WHO INQUIRE ABOUT, DISCUSS, OR DISCLOSE THEIR COMPENSATION OR THE COMPENSATION OF OTHER EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS.__ _