Senior Internal Auditor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Willis North America Inc.
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title: Senior Internal Auditor
Location: New York, NY
Willis Towers Watson (NASDAQ: WLTW ) is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson
The Senior Internal Auditor (Audit Executive) will be responsible for leading and participating in operational and financial internal audit engagements. The successful candidate will develop and utilize business and industry knowledge to assist audit Managers/Director in the assessment of business risk, planning, and executing internal audits. This position offers strong opportunities for professional growth and career advancement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Oversee and perform financial and operational reviews. Organize, plan and direct individual audits and special projects
* Undertake ad hoc audit work as directed.
* Undertake reviews of the work of audit team assigned to ensure adherence to standards
* Complete audit work in a timely manner to achieve Internal Audit plan delivery objectives.
* Proactively update Internal Audit management on preliminary concerns, confirmed issues, and status of testing.
* Prepare and review work papers to ensure consistency among audit objectives, test objective, results, supporting information, and audit findings.
* Interact positively and persuasively with executive management throughout the planning, fieldwork, and reporting phases of the audit.
* Assist in the development of solutions and recommendations in response to audit findings.
* Follow-up on previously reported issues to determine if management action plans have mitigated those issues..
* Demonstrate confidence and maturity to make oral and written presentations to senior management throughout and at the conclusion of the audit by discussing process and control deficiencies, recommending corrective actions and other suggestions for improvements in operational controls to mitigate risk and/or reductions in costs.
* Prepare the draft audit report for the Audit Manager s review, ensuring audit comments are clear, concise and focused on the root cause of the issue and intended outcome, and presented in Group Internal Audit report style and context.
* Ability to second the Audit Manager in reviewing Internal Audit reports.
* 5 years of experience in internal audit ideally within insurance, reinsurance or a financial services related industry, or internal audit services at a public accounting firm.
* Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent.
* Professional certifications (CPA, CIA, CISA) preferred.
* Demonstrable post qualification work experience preferably in a large multi-national, financial services, insurance or reinsurance company or Big four firm.
* Experience of leading audit teams to successful delivery audits.
* Proven ability to think critically, identify issues and outline solutions. Effectively cope with change and able to shift gears comfortably.
* Ability to partner with internal and external stakeholders.
* Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
* Proven ability to build and maintain relationships across the business and corporate departments.
* Able to meet commitments while balancing competing priorities.
* Results-focused, highly motivated, and a self-starter.
* Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
* Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Knowledge of TeamMate and/or ACL highly desirable.
* Preparedness to travel up to 35%
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU*
Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k and an employee stock purchase plan as well as many other options to full time employees.
Willis Towers Watson is publicly traded on the NASDAQ (WLTW). Additional information on Willis may be found on its web site: www.willistowerswatson.com.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights
Willis is an Equal Opportunity Employer who supports Diversity Minority / Female/ Disability / Veteran.