Senior Internal Auditor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Full Circle Resources
Woodland Hills, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONHigh caliber, professional internal audit team in a stable insurance company seeks a Senior Internal Auditor to plan and perform assigned internal audits and SOX audits of the Company's operations and related functions. The ideal candidate has excellent credentials, produces high-quality work and appreciates work-life balance.
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Plan, schedule, and perform and/or review assigned financial, compliance and operational audits of various Company business functions (including evaluations of applicable information systems functions); with objective, independent analysis and recommendations.
* Determine the appropriate risks, controls and audit procedures necessary to conduct audit; provide input into the planning of the overall annual audit plan.
* Perform control testing of compliance with Company, US GAAP, legal, statutory, and regulatory practices. Report audit findings and make recommendations for the correction of unsatisfactory practices, improvements in business and financial operations and identify potential cost reductions.
* Develop audit programs to ensure appropriate coverage of key risks and activities, prepare audit work papers; develop recommendations and alternatives to assist management in developing appropriate action plans and solutions.
* Successfully communicate with management and employees to review audit results and assist in the effective discharge of their responsibilities.
* Perform general risk analysis of audit areas and activities; read, interpret, and document department procedures, through narrative and flowchart, for each function reviewed; judgmentally analyze each audit taking the risk based approach on materiality of dollar amounts and/or number of transactions, liquidity of assets, changes in operations, and complexity of transactions, etc. Perform required data analysis to support each audit.
* Assist independent auditors in their annual audit of company financial statements to facilitate, perform substantive testing, controls testing and other activities as needed to reduce the overall costs of the annual audit process.
* Participate in new system development and/or installation on an advisory basis to assist in the development of efficient workflow and effective system of internal controls.
* Conduct follow-up audit reviews to determine whether appropriate corrective action was performed and desired results were achieved with regard to reported audit findings.
* Travel to company offices approximately 10 times per year to conduct audits and to participate in other relevant meetings or training.
* Perform related duties and special projects as assigned.
* 3-5 years auditing, claims, underwriting, systems, or other insurance-related experience.
* CPA or CIA designation preferred.
* Undergraduatedegree in accounting, business, statistics, finance, economics.
* Demonstrated knowledge of auditing theory, techniques and procedures, computer operations, financial, administrative and system controls, statistical methods, management and organizational principles, and insurance operations.
* Strong organizational skills, ability to schedule audits to meet deadlines and excellent analytical skills.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Full Circle Resources is a boutique staffing firm which focuses on specialized areas in finance and accounting for contract, project-based and direct hire positions.