Senior International Tax Consultant
TITLE: Senior International Tax Consultant
DURATION: Fulltime Permanent
LOCATION: Hoboken, NJ
* The International Senior Tax Consultant ("Senior") is an integral member of the Tax department who will provide hands-on support for international income tax compliance (Forms 5471, 8865, and 8858), quarterly and year-end financial reporting, and tax research for all MMC Operating Companies.
* The Senior will prepare analyses and workpapers that require tax knowledge and experience, direct and review the work of junior staff, and assist with the use of the software capabilities of the tax provision and tax compliance systems.
* The Senior needs to establish and maintain partnerships with our Controllers, Treasury team and business colleagues. The Senior must also develop and maintain familiarity with Finance processes, systems, policies, and financial/tax profile of individual non-US legal entities.
* Assist in quarterly and annual international ASC 740 (FAS 109/FIN 48) tax accruals, global effective tax rate calculations, and footnote disclosure
* Prepare/review of Form 5471, 8858, 8865 using the Tax Technologies softwaresystem. The must have tools include Corp Tax and OneSource. The client is not accepting any substitutions.
* Prepare detailed earnings and profits analysis; foreign tax credit; Subpart F income; previously taxed income; and foreign source income.
* Assist with international tax planning projects. Research tax issues for tax planning and compliance reporting and draft memoranda to support and document conclusions.
* Assist with the preparation of certain tax modeling
* Monitor current and proposed, US and foreign, tax law changes to determine worldwide impact.
* Delegate effectively to staff to optimize efficiency and promote their retention through consistent career development.
* Demonstrate an eagerness to self-develop and explore new areas.
2-7 years of in-house or Big Four experience with 1-2 years of international tax experience preferably doing tax provision, international income tax compliance and reporting.
The tools that will be required for this position include Corp Tax and OneSource.
* This team is looking for somebody with some BA or PM background who understands the need for functionality in enhancements and new versions of the tool.
* Extensive experience in implementations and specializes in analysis for any fortune 100 company.
Familiarity with ERP, tax compliance and tax provision software; in particular, prefer experience in Tax Technologies compliance, OneSource Tax Provision, and/or Hyperion/Oracle ERP Suite. Must have CorpTax and OneSource.