Senior Inventory Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Hoffman Estates, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Senior Inventory Analyst is responsible for planning, managing and maintaining replenishment for all specified lines of business. This position is responsible for monitoring and adjusting variables to meet the needs of the stores and Distribution Centers. This individual will effectively manage the placement and/or replenishment of designated product categories to maintain goal in stock standards while achieving planned turnover and revenue growth.JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:* Utilizes the appropriate tools and levers to optimize in-stock and minimize unproductive inventories.
* Provides promotional merchandise in the correct quantities to stores in support of advertised promotions and maintains proper inventory levels in all stores to support profitable sales.
* Maintains collaborative partnership with stores and proactively communicates key strategies and initiatives to store partners and vendors.
* Keeps the Inventory Manager updated on current projects and opportunities.
* Participates in continuous learning about system capabilities and supply chain processes and leads others to adapt to processes, solutions, successes, ideas.
* Leads local market tailoring and records assortment needs through discussion with the buying team. Makes quality inventory and purchase recommendations to Buyers and keeps them informed about vendor/item issues.
* Analyzes sales and stock levels to ensure that reorder recommendations made by the replenishment system reflect the sales trend, presentation standards and turnover goals.
* Recommends promotional/new product forecasts by reviewing and updating sales estimates and history and recommends new/ remodel store assortments.
* Creates superior order allotments and makes adjustments prior to receipt of goods as warranted by sales trend.
JOB REQUIREMENTS:* Bachelor's Degree
* 3-4 years of related experience
REQUIRED SKILLS:* Bachelor's degree in a Supply Chain related field or 3-4 years related experience and/ or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Proficiency in the use of desktop applications and Windows-based programs.
* Basic knowledge of financial planning systems (ex. iPlan); Intermediate knowledge/certification on Supply Chain/Inventory.
* Systems (ex. Allocation, Retail Inventory Management (RIM), Inventory Forecasting and Replenishment Module (INFOREM), IMA (item maintenance application), JDA replenishment suite.
* Market Knowledge