Senior Java Developer - Backend, RESTful Web Services, MBaaS, Enterprise Software Applications 8/16/2016
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB #: 16081203 - P
KEY WORDS: android, mobile, wireless, softwareengineer, softwaredeveloper, principal, lead, architect, enterprise, software, security, iOS, javaengineer, mobile software, security, principal engineer, principle, team lead, lead softwareengineer, javadeveloper, javaengineer, TCP/IP, protocols, Karaf, Eclipse, Hibernate, Spring, SQL, middleware, backend, server, server-side, MEAN, C#, .NET, C#.NET, REST, RESTful, API's, Web Services, multithreaded, Lync, SDK
JOB DESCRIPTION: Global Leader in Mobile-based Technologies is seeking a Senior JavaSoftwareEngineer to join their Server-side Team. This is an awesome opportunity have ownership within a small team and develop high performance, MBaaS (mobile based as a service) applications used daily by millions of worldwide customers! You'll be designing new data models, developing high-performance software, and architecting web-scale infrastructure. Please apply if you are a rock star server developer who is eager to take on big challenges!
Our client develops software that is used by large government and enterprise customers to allow for secure collaboration and communication via mobile devices. You will use your proven track record of delivering robust, high-availability applications and understanding of the ins and outs of scalable data processing and storage to create products that are at the intersection of cloud, mobile, security, and collaboration software.
Their leadership team takes pride in creating a fulfilling atmosphere and has resulted in building a team with an average tenure of 7+ years!
As a Senior JavaSoftwareEngineer, you will have significant influence on their new and existing core products, as well as the re-architecture efforts to move them to a more scalable and high-performing SaaS/MBaaS structure.
This is a rare opportunity to join a small, handpicked team that functions like a startup, but also offers the benefits, industry-leading reputation, funding, and security of a much larger organization.
* Design, architect and develop various server components for state-of-the-art enterprise-level API platform using Java, J2EE, APIs and Web services
* Able to work across a wide range of platforms including systemsoftware, databases, web applications using Agile methodologies
* Perform code review and design review to ensure compliance with development standards.
* Analyze requirements and work with the product group and stake holders
* Define, advocate, document, and institutionalize best design and development practices
* Understand the current system and come up with innovative and creative ideas for refactoring or evolving the architecture.
* Perform security, scalability and sustainability reviews.
* Providing guidance and mentorship to other members of the engineering organization.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
* $ 100,000 to $150,000
* Bonus potential
Health Care Benefits -- Comprehensive benefits for both employees and their dependents, including domestic partners; choice of PPO and HMO plans through two well-regarded providers. Dental insurance and vision coverage for employees and their spouses, domestic partners, and dependents.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) -- Flexible Spending Account options which include Medical, Dependent Care, and Transportation savings accounts.
401(k) Retirement Plan -- The Company encourages all employees to plan for the future by providing a voluntary 401(k) plan where employees can invest up to the yearly IRS allowable limit.
Time Off Benefits -- Employees accrue PTO days each year and receive 10 paid holidays. Sick days are taken on an honor system.
Other: Basic life insurance/AD provides short-term disability (STD) and long-term disability (LTD) coverage for full-time employees.
Stock Options -- Employees are eligible to receive stock / RSU's
* Must have minimum of 5 years of OOD development experience in Java as a server side engineer
* Experience in Java, J2EE, Web Services, Servlets and design patterns
* Experience in building platform server components which are high volume, high scalability, high performance, and high quality
* Experience in communication protocols such as HTTP, TCP/IP, UDP and socket programming
* Experience in Hibernate, JDBC, database schema design, strong fundamentals of relational database and SQL
* Experience in Maven, Ant, subversion and Jenkins
* Experience in building SOAP/Restful APIs using XML and JSON
* Self-motivated and excellent written and verbal communication
* Knowledge of MS Lync or C#.NET Development is a plus, not required.
* Experience in OSGI Framework development is a plus, not required.
* Experience working in server development using Karaf or Eclipse is a plus, not required.
* Experience working in agile and waterfall environments a plus, not required.
BSdegree or equivalent experience related to Computer Science preferred; MS preferred.